Version 7.4 includes new mobile application offerings, general enhancements and bug fixes to the AgileAssets asset management application platform.
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
New Features and Enhancements
The structures inspector mobile app has been enhanced to allow inspection teams to record flags and non-structural condition observations (NSCOs), along with the supporting details and attachments, for inspection candidates during an inspection.
Additionally, the below enhancements were made to existing functionality:
- The sync dialog now displays the bridge identification number, so that inspectors can quickly discern which structures with updates are being synced
- The element condition rating screen now displays the total available quantity of an element being rated
- The description specified for a photo attached to an element condition rating is now retained after a sync operation or updated with a description updated in an associated web application
- Fields such as the inspection hours or the lane closure hours in the general inspection form, now allow entry of whole numbers to support the full range of possible values entered by inspectors
Work Manager has been enhanced to increase ease of use for crew in the field. Some of the improvements with this version are:
- Asset Collection API now uses Smart Sync. This will improve all downloads after the initial download by only syncing information that has been updated or added since the last sync. Users can still select a full download instead if they prefer.
- Horizontal calendar now available. This allows users to choose a day and see Day Cards at a glance for that day.
- Export functionality been improved by moving the Export button to the top right corner of of the page. Additionally, the Export button now exports only the currently displayed report.
- Support has been added to support the drill-down functionality as long as a functional drill-down chain is defined in the report. Users can also reverse the chain to return to the top level view of the report.
- Support has been added for cascading field functionality that is defined in the Jasper Server and embedded in the AMS application.
- When two or more fields are defined as dependent, the values in the dependent fields are filtered dynamically based on the selection in the parent field.
- Changing a selection in the parent field causes the dependent fields to be dynamically updated.
- Users can now upload an image to symbolize Point Features using the Edit Layer function. The image must be smaller than 150 by 150 px and 250 kb.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: In Work Manager, the sync screen now displays a message about Pending Changes before syncing.
- Fixed: Issue in Asset Manager has been resolved and filtering an access regulated paginated data window no longer displays invalid data.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridge Inspector has been resolved and attachments in the content library are now linked correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Equipment Management has been resolved and columns populated by drop-down options now sort correctly in tables.
- Fixed: Issue in Equipment Management has been resolved and purchased equipment is now assigned correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Management has been resolved and Calculated Operator Rate (Calc Oper Rate) now formulates correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Management has been resolved and users can add attachments to Job Orders in IE 11 as well as other browsers.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Management has been resolved and Class Codes windows no longer generate error.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Management has been resolved and accepting or fulfilling Transfer to Stockpile transactions no longer generates an error.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and entering an invalid number value for an offset in a layer will produce a validation error but not affect the record.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and maps and map layers can now be copied and pasted without error.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and polygon selection tool now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and SRID is now automatically set when editing a feature.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and the Unique Styles tab now accurately reflects the color and the attribute of recently changed values.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and users can now save maps after changing layer names.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and users can now save maps even when the layer panel is closed.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer that was allowing users to progress through layer creation even when validation errors are present has been resolved and Next button is disabled until validation errors are resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Linear Asset Management has been resolved and pop-up now notifies users while changes are in the process of being saved.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and rejected equipment Day Cards can now be deleted.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and scheduled reports now send via e-mail correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Export Data pop-up window now shows the correct number of rows.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and users can now insert, update, and delete records on a Work Orders Labor Day Card table without error.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Work Order History window now text entry fields function correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Material Manager has been resolved and zoom level no longer affects the accessibility of buttons or select boxes.
- Fixed: Issue in multiple products where Log In function was presented inconsistently has been resolved and now all screens say Log In.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst has been resolved and attachment column on records now accurately reflects whether there are attachments.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst has been resolved and Decision Trees are now displayed correctly in PostGres environments even when no display treatments are recommended.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and Keep Change History can now be enabled for Network Master table.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and long comments are now truncated and no longer cause system jobs to fail.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and Optimization Analysis results no longer display duplicate records.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and redundant Shapefile to Vendor window has been removed.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and users can now add Facility Assets as Inventory Items for a Work Order.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and material management transactions no longer generate error message.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and stockpiles with zero capacity and zero quantity can now be hidden from Stock and Selection lists.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and updating or deleting a newly created material transaction record before reloading the Material Management window no longer generates an error.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and the Balance of Accounts screen now displays transaction records correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Road Maintenance has been resolved and multiple Material Estimates on the Force Accounts screen no longer generates an error.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway has been resolved and new Motorpool Reservations can be generated without invalid date errors.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway has been resolved and the window no longer jitters when holding down the scroll bar in the grid.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway has been resolved and users can Approve current and past Day Cards but not future dated Day Cards.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway has been resolved and Work Requests can now be selected but not edited from the Work Orders window.
- Fixed: Issue in Signs Manager has been resolved and the auto-filling for Auditable columns on Panel Inventory and Sign System Position windows now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and Structure ID is now shown on on the Sync screen.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and users using the same device cannot see each others Day Cards.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and users can now add annotations to existing photos at any time.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and photo descriptions in the web app and mobile app now sync.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and photos associated with multiple elements no longer duplicate on sync.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and users can now filter data by POA Sent value.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and Find option now functions correctly on paginated windows.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and the Hydraulic - Reassessment Recommendations window now displays the correct structures.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and attachments for non-structural condition observations in an Inspection now display correctly for each record.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and paginated windows can now be sorted by multiple columns.
Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager with the Bridge Inventory window stalling while calculating dates has been resolved and a system job now calculates and set the dates for bridges.For bridges currently in Edit, QC, or QA the Next Diving Inspection Date will be empty. Use the value from the Bridge Inventory Active window. Going forward, all bridges sent to Edit will have the field correctly populated.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and grid view displays correctly after removing a corresponding record in tree view.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and Import Table Data pop-up window can now upload multiple files at once.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and map selections no longer affect the number of pages of data in a grid.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and System-level users can retrieve SQL code from Views window as needed.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and table locks no longer prevent system jobs from being executed in parallel.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and the Activity field of child records no longer autofills with the incorrect value from the parent record.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and the Clean Abandoned Sessions system job now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and the Disabled Constraints tab of the Sanity Check window now loads correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in System that allowed two users to approve or disapprove a single material transaction has been resolved and stock bin count now reflects correct quantities.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and Asset Inspector will no longer fail due to IDDE reports not being set up.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and Asset Inventory data now re-syncs correctly when the app returns online.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and removing a module filter now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and System jobs now support fields with more than 4000 characters by truncating them.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and the Setup Network Lines (Routing) data set containing no change records no longer generates a sync error.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and Linear (LRS) Work Order locations can now be updated to span beyond existing From/To information.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and changes that have previously been synced are no longer listed on the Sync screen.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- Flags can now be created in the Structures Inspector mobile app but must still be submitted to QC using the web application.
- When syncing the Structures Inspector App on a Windows OS, the map closes up and has to be refocused using the zoom controls.
- Flags cannot be set to supersede each other in the Structures Inspector mobile app.
- When multiple users of the Work Manager app use the same device, they will be able to see all unsynced changes on that device from their sync screen.
- On Windows 10 devices the Structures Inspector app freezes when saving an edited photo to attach to a condition rating.
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) whilst using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- IE 11 - 4000 rows
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.2. The Tomcat documentation (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html) implies the below extra setting will address the issue:
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored