Version 7.3.6 includes new mobile application offerings, general enhancements and bug fixes to the AgileAssets asset management application platform.
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
Supported Platforms/Third Party Applications
New Features and Enhancements
- Data Collection API is now configured to support Sign asset Inventory including, adding, editing, defined collection tables, collection groups, and collection fields.
- Users can now select existing linear assets from the map to edit them.
Structures Inspector Mobile App
With this release bridge inspectors can now use Structures Inspector to simplify their inspection workflows and improve their productivity. They will now be supported by location mapping and built-in data validation to eliminate errors, painful rework, and repeat trips out to inspection sites. Additionally inspectors can capture, annotate, and attach photos and sketches using built-in functionality to keep all inspection data in one place.
The new structures inspector app for the collection and recording of inspection findings for bridges and large culverts, improves the inspection process for inspection teams out in the field with the following capabilities:
- Download structures from assigned shortlist for offline use
- View structure inventory information
- View a PDF of the last inspection report in-app
- Record NBI ratings for structure components with embedded rating descriptions from FHWA's recording and coding guide
- Record element condition ratings
- Add condition notes
- Attach photos as evidence of a condition rating
- Annotate photos being attached to a condition rating
- Support for business rules on element condition rating for required notes or photos
- As-you-go sync of collected information
Work Manager has also been improved with new capabilities for field personal to conduct assigned or impromptu asset inspections in the field along with the powerful ability to collect and add assets discovered and installed across the network directly through their mobile device. This removes the need for paper based or 3rd party data collection and inspection methods to keep the field better in sync with the office management team reducing data duplication and inaccuracy.
- The app has been updated to include a custom navigation menu:
- On existing Work Orders, all active and inactive assets previously assigned to that Work Order can be viewed in the mobile app.
- On new or existing Work Orders, when assigning new assets and locations to the Work Order, only currently active assets can be selected in the mobile app.
- API now supports the creation of a new asset and editing of an existing asset.
- Multiple equipment day cards can now be assigned to a single work order with the same Work Order Number, Equipment ID, Work Date, and different Operator ID.
- A second equipment day card can be added for a set equipment ID on a given work date.
- From the asset page, users can now:
- Select asset type and see a list of assets of that type. User can then edit an asset or create an inspection for an asset by clicking on it.
- Choose Add Asset from the action menu. Set asset details from the pop-up menus as well as drag and drop the asset location.
- Asset Management and Inspection features are now integrated for certain clients.
- API has been updated to support:
- Creating and editing of linear assets stored in a defined table or joined set of tables.
- Definition of collection tables and collection fields for a specified asset type.
- Inventory tables and inventory details table can be defined along with collection fields on both tables.
- Meta data and data defined for each table to be edited.
- Defining implementing process for deploying Collection API.
- Asset status types.
- Requirements that all clients run the create asset view job on upgrade to recreate it with asset status type.
- Data Collection API has been updated to support:
- Adding and editing Truck Escape Ramps asset inventory.
- Adding and editing Stormwater Manhole asset inventory.
- Adding and editing Cattle Guard asset inventory.
- Adding and editing Fencing asset inventory.
- Defined collection tables.
- Collection groups including Details and Locations.
- Collections fields for tables.
- Help screen with links to get technical support and information about the app has been added.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: Ability in Structures Inspector for mobile clients to create flags where they have the correct permissions.
- Added: Ability to create new spatial features on a map from the Assets Bound Map window in GIS Explorer.
- Added: Additional filters are now available on the map in Sign Inventory window of Sign Manager.
- Added: Data Collection API now supports Sign Structures asset inventory, Defined Collection tables, collections groups, and collection fields for multiple tables in Resources.
- Added: Delete and Insert as buttons in NBIS Federal Tape window.
- Added: Feature panel for admins in GIS Explorer.
- Added: Import configuration edit and save functionality has been added to System.
- Added: Location identity is now filled from the database when no provided for an inserted record within multiple products.
- Added: Pavement Management performance and memory utilization have been improved.
- Added: Roads and Highways users can now upgrade to the latest version without having to upgrade all their products.
- Added: Slider labels have now been improved in Bridge Inspector app.
- Added: Structure summary info, inspection overview, and bridge overview are now displayed on the Summary screen.
- Added: Support for ESRI Roads and Highways single-dot version update without requiring an update to Agile Assets interface.
- Added: System Jobs which refresh materialized view by name as now available in System.
- Added: Updated Asset View system job to work with staged editing and tempo tables in Bridge Inventory.
- Fixed: Issue in Agile Core that was blocking inventory tables and asset types has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Asset Management with updatable flag has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Asset Manager with admin units has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in bound map windows affecting number of pages of data has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridge Inspector that was cause the last span to appear as empty has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridge Inspector that was incorrectly filtering data on paginated data windows has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridge Inspector with LRS based geometry has been resolved and vertices can now be edited.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridge Inventory with sorting data by multiple columns in a paginated window has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Bridges and Culverts business rules has been resolved and they are now configured to ensure acceptance criteria are met and edge cases are handled.
- Fixed: Issue in Equipment Manager that was assigning equipment incorrectly has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in FF4J console page has been resolved and is now controlled by an environment variable.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment where inquiry screen drop-down menu showed displayed an invalid value.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet Manager has been resolved and redundant insert option has been removed.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet Manager that was preventing users from selecting certain rows of a table has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer blocking users from editing an existing map layer has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer map layer settings and changes will now appear in the info tab as well as the map.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer preventing printing a map has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer that was generating unnecessary error messages has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer where map bound editing sometimes incorrectly generated an error has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer with admin unit drop-down menu display has been resolved and the menu is searchable.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer with null spatial references has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer with setting an offset in a layer has been resolved and validation errors do not affect record accessibility.
- Fixed: Issue in Jasper Server has been resolved and drop-down application parameters are displayed as Labels.
- Fixed: Issue in Jasper Server Reports and hyperlinked fields can now be used to show when drill-down capability is embedded in the application.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager and work order can now be created from an inventory window.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager that was blocking equipment day card approval has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager that was incorrectly calculating uncompleted material mixing work orders has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager that was preventing users from seeing the full contents of employee's time sheets has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in maps that was generating an error on geometry conversion has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst has been resolved and discard-retrieve and export data requests are now synchronized.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management expression error has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management that generated duplicate results for the same source year has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management that was causing incorrectly sorting Year of Completion has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management where attachments icon wasn't updating to reflect presence or absence of attachments has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management where results of optimization analysis contained duplicate records has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management with menu structures has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources preventing users from opening certain surveys has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway and only active work orders can be copied now.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway with inserting inventory item from map for a work order has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway with Inventory Element populating incorrectly has been resolved and now the Sign Structure for which the inspection is being done is used as the Inventory Element.
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway with the bound map asset display has now been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Setup that caused build breaks has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector app has been resolved and trademark now displays correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector Optimization Analysis page and the summary tab now shows the correct value for all records.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector that downloaded all data has been resolved and only associated inventory of selected structures is downloaded.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector that was generating new Feature Numbers has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector with downloading a single inspection has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management driving inspections has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management Fed File has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management Find option on paginated data windows has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management has been resolved and users will only see data for the role of their current session.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management Jasper reports has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management when switching between non-structural condition observations in an inspection has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management where data could not be filtered by certain values has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Management with paginated data windows has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that cause columns to be duplicated or ambiguously defined has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that prevented delete nodes from disappear has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that prevented importing Excel files over 250 MB has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that was allowing window creation in the Tables window to overwrite existing IDs has now been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that was prevent users from updating import configuration has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System that was preventing the grid view from displaying data correctly has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System where columns that could be skipped were not checked.
- Fixed: Issue in System with shapefiles has been resolved and now the data gets uploaded and extracted from the archive automatically.
- Fixed: Issue in System with some scheduled system jobs not being executed correctly has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in System with the error logging method has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and Check and Download icons now disappear from inspection cards once sync completes.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and multiple day cards can be added to the same equipment on the same day and work order when the cards have different operators.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app Location Tab has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Fixed Collection Metadata API has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager that made it possible to select an inactive asset on a Work Order has been resolved.
- Fixed: Issue wherein saving Work Orders incorrectly generated an error log.
- Fixed: Issue with invalid data being displayed when filtering an access regulated paginated data window.
- Fixed: Issue with Numetric v3 API parameter functionality has been resolved..
- Fixed: Issues in GIS Explorer with creating layers has been resolved.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- On Windows 10 devices the Structures Inspector app freezes when saving an edited photo to attach to a condition rating.
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) whilst using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- IE 11 - 4000 rows
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.2. The Tomcat documentation (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html) implies the below extra setting will address the issue:
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored