Enhancements have been made to the Work Manager and Maintenance Manager modules and to the reporting functionality throughout the modules. As well as other bug fixes and improvements.
New Features and Enhancements
Time Entry functionality has been added in Work Manager.
Time Entry cards can now be configured on Work Orders. These can include multiple time entries for one employee and multiple time entries for one time reporting code. The Time Entry cards can also have hours calculated for each set of time entries for a given time reporting code.
It is recommended that Work Orders that have Time Entry cards should not have Labor day cards also visible.
A new time entry feature has been added to Maintenance Manager.
This allows agencies to enter multiple time entry records for each employee and TRC for each day. The time entry feature comes with additional toggle-able features:
- The time entry feature can be toggled on or off. If toggled off, users will see the Labor day card. If toggled on, users will see the time entry feature instead of the Labor day card.
- There is also a toggle to allow the total hours recorded on the time entry cards to be updated as part of the labor hours on the Work Order. If toggled off, the total hours will not be automatically copied over as part of the labor hours on the Work order.
Material Requests functionality is now available in the Maintenance Manager standard product.
A new list of available Jasper Server Reports has been added to ams-reporting so that they are available in the app as well as updated support of the main dashboard capabilities for Jasper Server dashboards - to share , assign to security profiles, make public or private, and more.
Users can now create and manage both Local dashboards and JasperServer dashboards.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed: Issue in Facilities Manager has been resolved and the map pop-up now loads without generating an error message. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Manager has been resolved and the Project number and/or Contract number can now be included in the Odometer History as a link that opens an Inventory window for the repair orders completed. (IDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet and Equipment Manager has been resolved and Meter 1, Accumulated Meter, and Prior Odometer Reset now display correctly and reflect changes made in the Issue, Progress, and Inventory windows. (IDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and data now populates correctly when inserting an element from the map. (MNDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and users receive an error message when day cards are out of range with the option to expand the date range and day cards aren't deleted for being out of range. (OKDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway when using Chrome Window that had caused the window to switch to different records when modifying fields, records are now scrolling one by one using vertical scrolls in windows and pop-up.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and only relevant buttons will appear for team leaders performing inspections. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector has been resolved and the Associate Condition Photos/Sketches button now works correctly when adding a condition note to bridge, culvert, diving and OSS inspections. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and scrolling from row to row now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and adding locations to existing Work Requests now sync correctly. (LADOT)
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- In Reports, newly created dashboards can be deleted without a warning message notifying users that their changes will be lost if they reload the page.
Existing Known Issue
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- The Work Manager mobile app, after a Work Request is created it must be synced before the app will allow users to create Work Orders for it.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structures inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
|1.11||Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.|
|Chrome||80 or newer|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 13.X|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Requires OJDBC8 driver
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Android.
|Windows 10||Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Windows 10.
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7, 10.7.1|
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19, 20|
|Recommended Minimum |
Specs for Mobile Apps
- Screen Size: 7 inch
- Camera resolution: 8MP
- Internal memory: 4GB
- Device storage: at least 16GB, with a minimum of 4GB available