Functionality updates to both the Structures Inspector and Work Manager mobile apps as well as improvements to the app interfaces.
New Features and Enhancements
Structures Inspector mobile app
The Structures Inspector mobile app has been enhanced to allow inspection teams to attach one or multiple photos stored in their device's album, in addition to the current capability of attaching with the device's camera, or using photos attached elsewhere for the inspection. When attaching photos to an element condition state rating, the workflow has been improved so that photo(s) for a condition state are initiated from each condition state and are then automatically tagged for that condition state without the user needing to tag the photo.
Additional improvements include:
- Auto-compression of attached photos to resize them based on a per photo configurable size definition
- The fields Posted Load (Tons) in Field and Load Postings Match Inventory have been added to the General inspection form.
- Validation to ensure that Posted Load (Tons) in Field is required for submitting a flag to quality control.
- When photo descriptions are updated in Photos/Attachments the changes are synced between the mobile app and a connected web app.
Work Manager mobile app
- Work Orders can now be created with a new sign on the map.
- The source of the labor, equipment, and material shortlists is now configured to support different sets of LEM shortlists so that additional resources can be made available even when the app is offline.
- Users can now select non-LRS assets such as Parks or Dams for their Work Orders.
- Users can now share only the Asset Types they select between different admin units. So multiple crews working on a single project across different geographic locations can share just the Asset Types they need with all involved admin units without needing to share all Asset Types belonging to the neighboring admin units, allowing for a much shorter list of assets to browse through.
Additionally, the design has been updated to improve functionality and ease of use, including the following:
- Existing Work orders are displayed in newly designed Cards on the left panel of the screen.
- New icons on the map display Work Orders, Inspections, and Assets. The icons cluster as the user zooms out but are distinguished by a color that indicates what the underlying Asset Type is.
- Work Order details will now be displayed on a newly designed panel on the left side of the screen. Users can view Work Order details with the map displayed on the right side.
- New header allows users to access all features quickly and simply.
- When users change the selected Material in the Material Day Cards pane, the associated material in the Material Short List pane is highlighted.
- Once inventory and inspection are approved, the FHWA Status field automatically updates based on the NBIS column value.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: Fleet and Equipment Manager now has Send to BOA check box available only if Approved. Checking or unchecking the box automatically inserts a record into the table.
- Added: GIS Explorer now now includes a Where clause and Spacial Reference parameters to the ArcGIS Map Service Data Importer.
- Added: Maintenance Manager now has a Job column in the Work Orders pane in the Day Cards window.
- Added: System users now have the ability to execute java script before opening a right-click menu. This allows AMS developers to hide or show menu items much more efficiently.
- Fixed: Issue in Collector has been resolved and tables with foreign key references in the table synchronization order now function correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and the layer attributes that are not applicable to the ESRI image layer have been removed.
- Fixed: Issue in iOS Materials Manager has been resolved and inactive material inventory items are no longer displayed.
- Fixed: Issue in iOS Materials Manager has been resolved and Reconciled Items list existent material inventory records appear int he Materials Manager iOS app.
- Fixed: Issue in iOS Materials Manager has been resolved and record count labeled on the Reconcile tab in Material Resource mobile app is equal to the number of rows in the Count tab of the web app.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and change password functionality is now disabled for new users logged in the SSO.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Edit Location by GPS can now be used to input LRS locations using latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Stockpiles with zero capacity and zero quantity are hidden from the Stock drop-down list.
- Fixed: Issue in multiple products has been resolved and multiple data imports that start simultaneously no longer collide.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and hyperlink is now displayed in the TImesheet pop-up for a Work Order that is part of a Repair Order.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and Material Delivery Date can now be set while adding new material management transaction.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and Material Management window now loads without error.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and the Fulfilled/Accepted checkbox on the Material Transaction Record no longer generates an error.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector app has been resolved and text labels no longer truncate.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Inspector app has been resolved and users no longer receive an internal system error when syncing data.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and inspections can now be approved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and Template and Files tabs are now matched in the Ongoing and Active windows.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and deleting a record no longer generates an error.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and editing the activity description for an existing activity code no longer causes an error. Note: Pressing OK from this screen saves current data.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and monthly system jobs can now be scheduled.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and reprojected shapefiles can now be successfully imported.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and System Job Refresh Dashboard Report loads approximately 10 times faster
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- When a user adds multiple photos to an inspections from a device with a full camera roll on an Android device the Structures Inspector mobile app may crash.
- The Work Manager mobile app may crash when navigating quickly between pages on Android devices.
- The Work Manager mobile app keyboard overlaps some fields when expanded on Android devices.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists inspections in QC and QA for download but if those inspections are edited, the sync process will halt and users must click Delete on device and continue to sync their other inspections.
When downloading for the first time, please check the status of inspections and do not download inspections with a QC or QA status. To review the status of inspections that have already been downloaded, clickand select Download Inspections.
- The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
- The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
- The discovery date is absent on the flag screen in Structures Inspector. Currently, the default date is the current date for flags created in the web app.
- The Structures Inspector mobile app screen shifts when closing a pop-up window.
- Flags can now be created in the Structures Inspector mobile app but must still be submitted to QC using the web application. Additionally, Flags Superseding and Discovery Date are not yet available in the app.
- When syncing the Structures Inspector App on a Windows OS, the map closes up and has to be refocused using the zoom controls.
- Flags cannot be set to supersede each other in the Structures Inspector mobile app.
- When multiple users of the Work Manager app use the same device, they will be able to see all unsynced changes on that device from their sync screen.
- On Windows 10 devices the Structures Inspector app freezes when saving an edited photo to attach to a condition rating.
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- IE 11 - 4000 rows
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat||8.5.X, 9.X|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||8.0|
|Internet Explorer||11||Users may need to disable "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" option|
|Edge||20.X or newer|
|Chrome||61 or newer|
|Firefox||ESR 65 or older||ESR 68 projected for start of July 2019. We recommend clients use only ESR versions of Firefox with AgileAssets web applications.|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 10.X, iOS 11.X|
Safari is coupled with iOS, so the version of Safari is tied to the OS versions supported.
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
|22.214.171.124.0 reached EOL August 2015|
Note that 126.96.36.199 is in the extended support since January 2015 but support Fee waived until May 31, 2017
Note that ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise with 10.6 includes support for 9.6 (in addition to 9.4.x and 9.5.x)
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 10 Professional
Same as standard application with the exception of the Operating System and Database
|Database: Oracle Express Edition||11g|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X, 7.x|
|Mobile Apps||iOS||10.X, 11.X|
Lollipop - V5.0, V5.1
Marshmallow - V6.0
Nougat - V7.X
Oreo - V8.X
All UWP supported devices with touchscreen capability.
Note: The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Windows 10
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7|
For the Roads & Highways Interface
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5, 10.5.1, 10.6|
For integrated ArcGIS Enterprise