New features have been added to Maintenance Manager, Pavement Analyst, and Work Manager as well as other improvements and bug fixes.
New Features and Enhancements
- Work Orders can now be issued from a Plan Item, PM, or Work Request using the source item's attributes to populate Work Order fields.
Note: Work Order creation wizard must be in use.
- Work Request Assets are now automatically associated with Work Orders created from the Work Request.
Pavement & Structures Analyst
- Optimization analysis has been enhanced to support a treatment option that allows a delay of deterioration for a defined number of years, as a treatment improvement.
- The help screen can now be customized with an agency's internal email addresses and help pages for the agency staff, so they can be accessed directly from Work Manager in case of questions or issues.
- Users can now switch between online mode and offline mode while logged in. The app will automatically switch between online mode and offline mode depending on whether the user has internet connectivity. While performing a sync or downloading maps, the system will check for internet connectivity. If using an Android or iOS device, when the user is offline, they will have the opportunity to go to the device settings page to turn on connectivity.
- Users can now create inspections from the Reporting Forms page.
Note: The Reporting Forms page was previously called Inspections.
- The login screen has been refreshed so that the toggle button that previously said Login Without Internet now says Online or Offline and the page now includes the AgileAssets logo and brand colors.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: Structures Inspector screens have reduced network activity for several windows to improve loading and reduce errors. (NYSDOT)
- Added: There is now a check for overlapping segments on using Copy from Network Master command in PMS. This should prevent overlapping records from being added.
- Added: User notification for adding record via Copy from Master Work Plan in Work Plan Window.
- Added: The Materials Mobile App now supports authentication via Active Desktop.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector mobile app has been resolved and Element Condition State comments and other text fields that support 4000 characters, now only allow entry of up to 4,000 characters.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector mobile app has been resolved and Diving Inspection Requested notification e-mails are now sent to the designated personnel, only upon the sync where that setting is switched to Yes. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector mobile app has been resolved and default value of N for NBI ratings is now set correctly for either a culvert or bridge components when they are not being rated. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and Approved Load Rating in the Bridge Inventory window now reflects the most recent QA Approved load rating as opposed the latest load rating. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager mobile app has been resolved and Truck Escape Ramp Name is now a required field in Truck Escape Ramp asset collection. (NVDOT)
- Fixed Known Issue: For windows devices, text boxes in the Structures Inspector mobile app, such as the General Notes field in the general inspection form or the Comments field in access needs form, display the input cursor in the middle of the text box, instead of at the top of the text box.
- Fixed Known Issue: The Structures Inspector mobile app may crash when more than 10 photos are selected from the device album to be attached to an inspection record.
- Fixed Known Issue: When a user adds multiple photos to an inspections from a device with a full camera roll on an Android device the Structures Inspector mobile app may crash.
- Fixed Known Issue: The Structures Inspector mobile app lists inspections in QC and QA for download but if those inspections are edited, the sync process will halt and users must click Delete on Device and Continue to sync their other inspections. When downloading for the first time, please check the status of inspections and do not download inspections with a QC or QA status. To review the status of inspections that have already been downloaded, click and select Download Inspections.
- Fixed Known Issue: The discovery date is absent on the flag screen in Structures Inspector. Currently, the default date is the current date for flags created in the web app.
- Fixed Known Issue: The Structures Inspector mobile app screen shifts when closing a pop-up window.
- Fixed Known Issue: Flags can now be created in the Structures Inspector mobile app but must still be submitted to QC using the web application. Additionally, Flags Superseding and Discovery Date are not yet available in the app.
- Fixed Known Issue: Flags cannot be set to supersede each other in the Structures Inspector mobile app.
- Fixed Known Issue: In Work Manager, if you try to sync a newly created Asset and an Inspection performed on that asset at the same time, the sync will fail. Currently, you must create the asset and then sync before you can perform the inspection and sync the inspection.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structures inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
Existing Known Issue
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- In Structures Inspector, when Revert Edits is selected in Tunnel inventory screen, users must currently reload the page for their edits to disappear.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
IE 11 - 4000 rows
Edge - 4000 rows
Chrome - 400 rows
Firefox - 1000 rows
IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
|Platform||Snows 1,2||Snows 3||Notes|
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
|1.11||Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.|
|Chrome||80 or newer2|
|Firefox||ESR 68.73||ESR 78|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 13.X|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Requires OJDBC8 driver
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Android.
|Windows 10||Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Windows 10.
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7|
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19|