New features have been made to the Work Manager app, accessibility has been improved for the Fleet Maintenance Manager App, improvements have been made to Jasper server, as well as general improvements and bug fixes.
New Features and Enhancements
Signal Equipment Move & Transfer Support:
Move and Transfer functionality is now included in the standard Signals and ITS module. Users can now perform transactions on a piece of serialized signal equipment and any assigned children and grandchildren (as an assembly, where applicable) to:
- Move the assembly from one piece of parent equipment to another.
- Transfer the assembly between stock location admin units.
Move transactions allow the user to move serialized equipment to and from parent signal equipment at the Signal Location (field asset) or at a Signal Shop (inventory stock location) and to keep a log of these transactions - including Install, Remove, and Replace transaction types. When a piece of equipment is selected for a Move, the user will have the option to select any of its assigned child- or grandchild-level equipment to be moved with it.
Transfer transactions allow the user to transfer serialized equipment either individually or as an assembly between stock location admin units. The entire assembly (the equipment and all associated child- and grandchild-level equipment) is always transferred together.
Work Manager now allows the capture of Work Logs for Signal assets. For a Work Order that is created for a Signal type asset, each Signal location recorded on the Work Order can also record multiple Work Logs. Each Work Log can capture issue(s) that have occurred and any activities performed to mitigate the issue. Each Location can have multiple Work Logs.
Hierarchical Assets Represented
Complex assets with hierarchical structures - such as Signals and Signal Assemblies - can now be represented on Work Manager. The Asset details, including the component hierarchy, may be browsed on the Assets page of Work Manager.
This release also brings the ability to install, remove, and replace Asset components and sub-components.
For example, for a Signal asset that is a complex hierarchical asset type, Work Manager now allows users to install, remove, and replace Signal components and sub-components.
Fleet Maintenance Manager App
The Fleet Maintenance Manager App is now available on multiple mobile platforms (iOS, Android and Windows). The functionality remains the same but the user interface has been refreshed.
Improved user experience when specifying parameters for generating a Jasper report. The dialog now allows a user to fully specify values for all parameters needed for a report before the user explicitly selects to generate the report. While the report is being generated, a message informs the user of the progress.
- Work Logs API: Work Logs created on a Work Order can now be accessed via the workLogs endpoint. It is also possible to view the Work Log data for a given Work Order, using the workOrder endpoint.
- Obtaining hierarchical asset information APIs: A new assetAssembly API endpoint allows for complex assets to have their hierarchical structure exposed. Additionally, the signalComponents endpoint allows for viewing the asset data for a specific component.
- Signals Install, Remove, and Replace API: A new endpoint signalComponentTransactions allows users to install, remove, and replace signal components through the API.
- V1 API: The Materials/Shortlist endpoint now will return the Unit Name and Unit ID fields.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed: Issue in Signals has been resolved and Child Equipment is now listed by name instead of ID in the Install Window. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and type ahead functionality in drop-down menus now functions correctly. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and attached pictures now retain their original orientation in the Document Library for Bridge, Culvert, Diving, and OSS inspections.
- Fixed: Known Issue: The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- On mobile apps running on Windows, when using the device's camera to scan a barcode, the app will crash if the app has not previously been given access to the camera and the device is rotated.
- In Firefox, User Update and Date Update aren't displaying for added elements in Tunnels.
- Work Manager validation checks for Work Logs aren't currently working.
- Users cannot view all warranties attached to a Repair Order if one of them has an empty Name or Warranty Rule field in the Fleet Maintenance Manager App.
- In the Work Manager app, two location cards created for the same asset and the same date currently share Work Logs. Work logs created, edited or deleted on one will be reflected on the other card. The Web Application does not allow duplicate Location cards for the same Date and Asset, so if a duplicate is created on Work Manager by mistake, it can be easily deleted on the Web application or on Work Manager.
- Repair Orders are currently taking longer than usual to load in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In the Fleet Maintenance Manager app, the Date selector is cropped in landscape mode on small devices.
- Delete is not available in all instances in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Quantities are rounded or truncated if too large to display in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Activity cannot be updated to None if it has previously been set with a different value in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- It is currently difficult to return to a Repair Order page from a page branching off of it in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Changing Warranty Rules does not currently reset unsaved values on Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Repair Order Number is currently missing from the header of drop-down lists in the Repair Order screen in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Admin Unit must still be selected even if only one is available in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Time Spent does not currently support 2 decimal places in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Type of Service drop-down in the Fleet app and Equipment Work Class drop-down on the web are not currently synced.
- Lists are not using the full screen space in Admin Units and Daycards in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app - the lists can still be scrolled in their entirety so no functionality is lost.
- The Mileage field is not following digit parameters for Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Labor and Equipment daycard statuses are not syncing correctly between the web and the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Costs are not updating correctly when Description or Part Number exceed 100 in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
Existing Known Issue
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- The Work Manager mobile app, after a Work Request is created it must be synced before the app will allow users to create Work Orders for it.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structures inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
IE 11 - 4000 rows
Edge - 4000 rows
Chrome - 400 rows
Firefox - 1000 rows
IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications, Versions, and Specs
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
|1.11||Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.|
|Chrome||80 or newer|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 13.X|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Requires OJDBC8 driver
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X||Beginning with release 7.6.1, Jasper Reports 4.X will no longer be supported.|
|Windows 10||Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager app is not supported on Windows 10
The Materials Manager apps is not supported on Windows 10 or Android.
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7, 10.7.1|
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19, 20|
|Recommended Minimum Device|