New Features and Enhancements
Work Manager Mobile App
With this version of Work Manager the following new features are available:
- Inspections may be duplicated and users can select when duplicating whether attachments on them should also be duplicated
- It is now possible to have multiple open inspections for a single asset
Historical Inspections on Assets: Closed inspections for an asset may now be viewed in Work Manager
- Assets with polygonal geometries may now be created in Work Manager
Fleet Maintenance Manager:
With this release of the Fleet Maintenance Manager app the following improvements have been made:
- Equipment day cards can now be set up to have Mileage recorded as an optional field. Hours may be recorded instead to capture equipment usage.
- Some performance improvements have been made.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: In Jasper Server, reports that have been converted from iReports to JasperServer Reports can now be configured to be visible on the dashboard.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet & Equipment Manager has been resolved and Equipment and Odometer Out fields now save correctly when assigning a vehicle to a motorpool reservation. (KYTC)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the List of Routes pop-up now displays the list of available inventory. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the List of Routes pop-up now locates routes maintained by the Assigned Admin unit and any inventory shared with the Assigned Admin unit correctly. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and when a Work Date field on an existing Time Entry card is edited, the dates stored in the Start Time and End Time fields are now updated as well to keep them in sync. (IDOT, NVDOT, NYSDOT)
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- Layers cannot currently be exported from bound maps in GIS Explorer.
Resolved Known Issues
- When using the Work Manager mobile app on Android tablets, users are no longer logged out if after tapping the back button twice.
Existing Known Issues
- In the Work Manager app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as an input, the check box next to the field will clear after the inspection is synced. This only affects text fields.
- In Signals & ITS Manager, when using the new feature to edit point assets on the map on the bound map, and selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool, the tool sometimes does not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, you must click the general map area to complete the action. You also need to click on the Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another asset, you will then need to switch from multi-select mod back to the arrow.
- When using the Work Manager app on a device with low memory, switching the app to the background can result in being logged out automatically. If the user needs to authenticate using Open ID to log back in, they will need an internet connection. This means that if they are logged out due to low memory while offline, they may be unable to log back in until they have internet connectivity.
- In the Work Manager app, if a user enters data in a Reporting for or Asset Collection form and then switches the app to the background and a timeout occurs, the data entered will not be saved. This is an expected behavior and will not be changed.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, if an inspection has fields where text must entered as input, the check icon next to the field will be cleared out after the inspection has been synced. This only affects open text fields.
- After migrating JasperReports Server reports, private reports cannot be viewed in the AgileAssets application since they are migrated to the user's private JasperReports Server folder.
Workaround: Copy this report from the private user's folder in JasperReports Server repository directly to Migrations folder. Make the report public prior to migration from Manage Reports window, and then make it private again after successful migration if desired.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards, JasperReports Server 7.8 version provides a new parameter to show Titles by default so they can be duplicated in places where they are used. To address this issue, the duplicated headers can be disabled manually in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Crosstab visualization type, an extra Measures field is introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. To avoid this issue, the visualization type needs to be changed to any other type. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- General font and scale changes were introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. As a result, some dashboard objects may be than in previous versions and have different formatting (ex: ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Pie Chart visualization type can display less information or may not show all values). To avoid this, the space used might need to be increased or the font size may need to be decreased. The same might need to be done for Stacked Column visualization type and others. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server or fixed explicitly for every specific dashboard object.
- Some String Type report parameters after JasperReports Server 7.8 upgrade may display Null. This value can be removed manually while selecting report parameters for viewing so that the report will be generated as before.
- As a result of general font and scale changes introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8, some Table headers in the reports can be wrapped to another line thus hiding part of the text. This issue may also affect some report data - titles, text displayed in table columns/rows etc. This might need to be fixed explicitly for each specific report.
There is an existing ESRI bug (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- Version 7.6.1 of the Work Manager app crashes on non-supported iOS version 12.4.8.
- ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
- In Work Manager, when adding a new Work Request an error appears if the name is more than 20 characters long. (KYTC)
- In Signals, when selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool on the bound map, it will sometimes not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, users may have to click in the general map area to complete the action. Users will also need to click on the new Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another single asset afterwards, users need to switch from the multi-select mode back to the Arrow tool. (NYSDOT)
- On mobile apps running on Windows, when using the device's camera to scan a barcode, the app will crash if the app has not previously been given access to the camera and the device is rotated.
- In Firefox, User Update and Date Update aren't displaying for added elements in Tunnels.
- Work Manager validation checks for Work Logs aren't currently working.
- Users cannot view all warranties attached to a Repair Order if one of them has an empty Name or Warranty Rule field in the Fleet Maintenance Manager App.
- In the Work Manager app, two location cards created for the same asset and the same date currently share Work Logs. Work logs created, edited, or deleted on one will be reflected on the other card. The Web Application does not allow duplicate Location cards for the same Date and Asset, so if a duplicate is created on Work Manager by mistake, it can be easily deleted on the Web application or on Work Manager.
- Repair Orders are currently taking longer than usual to load in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In the Fleet Maintenance Manager app, the Date selector is cropped in landscape mode on small devices.
- Delete is not available in in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Quantities are rounded or truncated if too large to display in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Activity cannot be updated to None if it has previously been set with a different value in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Changing Warranty Rules does not currently reset unsaved values on Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Repair Order Number is currently missing from the header of drop-down lists in the Repair Order screen in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Time Spent does not currently support 2 decimal places in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Type of Service drop-down in the Fleet app and Equipment Work Class drop-down on the web are not currently synced.
- Lists are not using the full screen space in Admin Units and Daycards in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app - the lists can still be scrolled in their entirety so no functionality is lost.
- The Mileage field is not following digit parameters for Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Labor and Equipment daycard statuses are not syncing correctly between the web and the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Costs are not updating correctly when Description or Part Number exceed 100 in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structures inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
- Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
- The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
- The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there is more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications, Versions, and Specs
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
*Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.
Support for Open JDK ends with 7.6.4.
|Web Browsers||Internet Explorer||11||Note: Microsoft has stopped supporting Internet Explorer as of August 17th, 2021 and Agile Assets will stop supporting it on June 15th, 2022 for all versions of the application.|
|Firefox||91 ESR||Extended Support Release versions are supported.|
|Support for iOS 13.X ends with 7.6.4.|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Requires OJDBC8 driver
We recommend upgrading to 19c because 12.2 will no longer be supported as of Q1 2022 and 18c will no longer be supported as of Q2 2022.
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2012 R2 64-bit or newer||Support for 2008 ends with 7.6.4.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||7||Support for 5 and 6 ends with 7.6.4.|
JasperReports 4.X was deprecated after 7.6.1 and JasperReports Server 6.x was supported through 7.6.2.
Beginning with 7.6.3, only JasperReports Server 7.8 is supported.
|Support for iOS 13.X drops with 7.6.4.|
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Android.
10 Universal Windows Platform
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Windows 10.
1909 - 19H2 - November 2019 Update - build 18363 or higher is recommended
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.6|
ESRI Roads & Highways
|10.7, 10.8, 10.8.1|
ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
ESRI has a known issue (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19, 20|
|Recommended Minimum Device|
iOS, Android, or Windows
Screen Size: 7 inch
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 4GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
iOS or Android
Screen Size: 5.8
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 3GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
All operating systems
System RAM: 4GB
Processor Speed: Single Core 2 Ghz
Processor Type: 64 bit
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768