New Features and Enhancements
Work Manager Mobile App
- The Reporting Forms pane has been updated to support the selection of Inspection Types when creating new Asset Inspections:
When creating a new inspection from the reporting forms screen by clicking Create or Asset Inspection, after selecting the asset type, an additional screen (action sheet) is shown listing the possible inspection types.
No inspection type is selected by default, unless there is only one, then the screen will be skipped and the value defaulted.
If no inspection type is selected, only the Cancel is shown and the Create button is disabled.
When an inspection type is selected, the Create becomes active.
The Cancel cancels the entire inspection creation process and returns user to the list of reporting forms/inspections.
Clicking Create continues the normal inspection creation workflow.
When syncing a new inspection, the inspection should be correctly created on the web with the correct inspection type.
Home Screen setting is now available in the Work Manager configuration key. When user logs in, the app will now open to the set home screen instead of defaulting to Work Orders with four possible screens to choose from:
Work Orders/Work Requests
- When duplicating work orders and work requests, it is now configurable whether user is able to duplicate the attachments of the source records.
Work Orders: New config key option workOrders/allowAttachmentDuplication is now supported. Default is OFF.
Work Requests: New config key option workRequests/allowAttachmentDuplication is now supported. Default is OFF.
Duplicated attachments are immediately visible on the new record, they are copies of the original attachments (not referenced) and after sync are available on the web app side as well.
- In the Work Manager Work Orders (WO) and Work Requests (WR) screens, spatial filtering has been implemented.
- Initially, all WOs are shown and the map is zoomed to show all WO locations.
- When the WO list is updated due to filtering, the WO locations on the map are updated to reflect the filtered list. The map will zoom in to show the work orders in an "optimal" way but the map will never zoom out.
- When the list is updated due to type-ahead searching, the WOs on the map are updated to reflect the filtered list, the map will never zoom or pan (search is within filtered data set)
- When the map is panned or zoomed by the user, the list of work orders on the left pane will be updated to only show WOs that are either visible on selected map extent, or which have no locations
- The visible map extent essentially acts as an additional (geographical) filter.
- The same applies to the WRs list and map.
On the Assets screen, when user taps on the map and more than one asset is at the tapped location, the list of assets is now shown on the left side of the screen in a standard action sheet with title "Select Asset". Selecting an asset from this list opens the Asset action sheet (showing asset summary, inspections, etc.)Note: When selecting an asset for a work order by tapping the map, any lists of assets will still be shown in a flyout on the RIGHT side of the screen.
- Reporting Forms Map view now filters the list view in the left panel. On opening the Reporting Forms tab the List and Map will now display all form records within the map extent and for the reporting form types currently selected in the tab filter. Once the map is panned or zoomed, the list view will be filtered to show only the set of records currently displayed within the map extent. The list displays records filtered by the combination of the map extent and any selected form type(s).
Updated view-based drop-down lists for columns with Show All option to support language localization.
- The exported shape file now includes data filtered according to the where clause defined in the layer editor (from geo catalog window).
- In the new user interface, the 'Dark Mode' option has been updated to enable switching between the default light color them of the application and dark color theme. When the Dark Mode option is selected, a check mark is placed next to the menu item and the user interface changes to a dark theme. When the Dark Mode option is selected while enabled, the check mark is removed and the color theme of the user interfaces changes to the light theme.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: In Structure Manager it is now possible to show full text from a read only drop-down field as a tool tip by hovering over the field or as a pop-up with the field name as the title by double clicking on the field. (NYSDOT, etc.)
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App a Delete button has been added to the Time Entry day cards screen. It is visible only when the displayed day cards have not yet been synced. Deleting will remove all time entries for the selected employee on the selected date. If some day cards have already been synced, the button will not be visible, but individual day cards can be deleted using the action menu. (NYSDOT, etc.)
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App comment fields on Reporting Forms, Asset Collections, and Asset Inspections are now scrollable when text exceeds the visible field size.
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App the Work Order Asset/Location day card has been updated so that for example, when working on a Signal asset, clicking on the Asset opens the Signal Components page to view and edit Signal Equipment details. For other assets, clicking on the card will highlight the asset on the map.
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App two new parameters have been added to the configuration key. User can now define the mapbox.country (default "us") and mapbox.resultsLimit (default 10). These parameters define the Country code used for address search and the limit on the number of search results being returned. (Vinci Autoroutes)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and AllowMultipleInspections and AllowMultipleInspectionTypesForApi feature toggles now function correctly. AllowMultipleInspections controls whether multiple active inspections are allowed by Asset Id and Inspection Type. AllowMultipleInspectionTypesForApi controls whether Inspection Type field is used to filter the inspection questions. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Save button in the Section Inventory window is only active when edits have been made.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst and Pavement Express has been resolved for columns configured to use custom Change with Time or Calculated Column groovy scripts for pavement conditions and the optimization analysis engine now handles the logic correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Safety Analyst has been resolved and the drop-down menus in the Diagnosis window no longer overlap with their labels.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and the Bridge Inspection Report on the Current Inspection window now correctly reflects added/removed elements on the report.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and the Current Inspections window now generates a warning message when trying to save an inspection with missing notes or attachments for CS4 regardless of the status of RateElementsbyDefects feature. (PTC)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and location data of newly created Inspections now syncs correctly between the web and mobile app.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and now the asset inventory download process includes sorting of the asset data by the Asset ID and Detail ID for assets having children/multiple locations to allow the data sorting and paging to work based on a unique combination of fields, so these are not treated as duplicate records.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and the Asset Inspection Change Data Capture triggers are now configured correctly to enable SmartSynce on Asset Inspections. Attachments and changes to questions/responses now flow correctly from the web to the mobile app. (Vinci Autoroutes)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and the map now zooms correctly to Work Requests locations even if only a single point location is defined on open displayed Work Requests.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved and when an inspection being created on an asset is canceled, the asset is now also deselected on the map.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager has been resolved, updated the Work Orders pane so the Details tab is selected and highlighted when the pane is initially opened. Same update has been made for Work Requests, so the Details tab is selected and highlighted when the pane is initially opened.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and canceling an in-progress sync will no longer immediately close the sync modal but will indicate a cancellation request has occurred. The current download process will complete but no more download steps will be started. No error messages related to the download will be displayed during cancellation. The Cancel button will now disappear while the cancellation request is being processed.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and downloading inspection metadata now works correctly and Inspection Types table has been added to the AMS_VAUTO database. (Vinci Airports)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and inspections crated for an asset and immediately submitted, which changes their status to Completed, are still displayed in the Asset Inspection list with a status of Closed until synced with the web app. This allows users to make changes to the inspection until it is synced.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the expanded keyboard no longer overlaps with the last row in a text field at the bottom of the data entry form on Android devices.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the To_Date() function is now formatted correctly for clients using OpenID authentication. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the Asset Name in the Select Asset list wraps to display the full name and is now located in the left pane
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
Existing Known Issues
- In the Work Manager app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as an input, the check box next to the field will clear after the inspection is synced. This only affects text fields.
- In Signals & ITS Manager, when using the new feature to edit point assets on the map on the bound map, and selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool, the tool sometimes does not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, you must click the general map area to complete the action. You also need to click on the Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another asset, you will then need to switch from multi-select mod back to the arrow.
- When using the Work Manager app on a device with low memory, switching the app to the background can result in being logged out automatically. If the user needs to authenticate using Open ID to log back in, they will need an internet connection. This means that if they are logged out due to low memory while offline, they may be unable to log back in until they have internet connectivity.
- In the Work Manager app, if a user enters data in a Reporting form or Asset Collection form and then switches the app to the background and a timeout occurs, the data entered will not be saved. This is an expected behavior and will not be changed.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as input, the check icon next to the field will be cleared out after the inspection has been synced. This only affects open text fields.
- After migrating JasperReports Server reports, private reports cannot be viewed in the AgileAssets application since they are migrated to the user's private JasperReports Server folder.
Workaround: Copy this report from the private user's folder in JasperReports Server repository directly to Migrations folder. Make the report public prior to migration from Manage Reports window, and then make it private again after successful migration if desired.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards, JasperReports Server 7.8 version provides a new parameter to show Titles by default so they can be duplicated in places where they are used. To address this issue, the duplicated headers can be disabled manually in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Crosstab visualization type, an extra Measures field is introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. To avoid this issue, the visualization type needs to be changed to any other type. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- General font and scale changes were introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. As a result, some dashboard objects may be than in previous versions and have different formatting (ex: ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Pie Chart visualization type can display less information or may not show all values). To avoid this, the space used might need to be increased or the font size may need to be decreased. The same might need to be done for Stacked Column visualization type and others. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server or fixed explicitly for every specific dashboard object.
- Some String Type report parameters after JasperReports Server 7.8 upgrade may display Null. This value can be removed manually while selecting report parameters for viewing so that the report will be generated as before.
- As a result of general font and scale changes introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8, some Table headers in the reports can be wrapped to another line thus hiding part of the text. This issue may also affect some report data - titles, text displayed in table columns/rows etc. This might need to be fixed explicitly for each specific report.
There is an existing ESRI bug (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- Version 7.6.1 of the Work Manager app crashes on non-supported iOS version 12.4.8.
- ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
- In Work Manager, when adding a new Work Request an error appears if the name is more than 20 characters long. (KYTC)
- In Signals, when selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool on the bound map, it will sometimes not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, users may have to click in the general map area to complete the action. Users will also need to click on the new Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another single asset afterwards, users need to switch from the multi-select mode back to the Arrow tool. (NYSDOT)
- On mobile apps running on Windows, when using the device's camera to scan a barcode, the app will crash if the app has not previously been given access to the camera and the device is rotated.
- In Firefox, User Update and Date Update aren't displaying for added elements in Tunnels.
- Work Manager validation checks for Work Logs aren't currently working.
- Users cannot view all warranties attached to a Repair Order if one of them has an empty Name or Warranty Rule field in the Fleet Maintenance Manager App.
- In the Work Manager app, two location cards created for the same asset and the same date currently share Work Logs. Work logs created, edited, or deleted on one will be reflected on the other card. The Web Application does not allow duplicate Location cards for the same Date and Asset, so if a duplicate is created on Work Manager by mistake, it can be easily deleted on the Web application or on Work Manager.
- Repair Orders are currently taking longer than usual to load in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In the Fleet Maintenance Manager app, the Date selector is cropped in landscape mode on small devices.
- Delete is not available in in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Quantities are rounded or truncated if too large to display in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Activity cannot be updated to None if it has previously been set with a different value in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Changing Warranty Rules does not currently reset unsaved values on Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Repair Order Number is currently missing from the header of drop-down lists in the Repair Order screen in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Time Spent does not currently support 2 decimal places in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Type of Service drop-down in the Fleet app and Equipment Work Class drop-down on the web are not currently synced.
- Lists are not using the full screen space in Admin Units and Daycards in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app - the lists can still be scrolled in their entirety so no functionality is lost.
- The Mileage field is not following digit parameters for Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Labor and Equipment daycard statuses are not syncing correctly between the web and the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Costs are not updating correctly when Description or Part Number exceed 100 in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structure inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structure Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
- Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
- The Structure Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
- The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the JasperReport print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there is more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications, Versions, and Specs
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11.0.15|
*Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.
Support for Open JDK ended with 7.6.4.
|Web Browsers||Internet Explorer||N/A||Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer as of August 17th, 2021 and Agile Assets stopped supporting it on June 15th, 2022 for all versions of the application.|
|Chrome||102 or newer|
|Firefox||ESR 91||Extended Support Release versions are supported.|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
18.1.0 (patch 18.17.0)
Requires OJDBC8 driver
We recommend upgrading to 19c because 12.2 is no longer supported as of Q1 2022 and 18c is no longer be supported as of Q2 2022.
9.5 and 9.6 have been deprecated as of 7.6.5.
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server|
|Support for 2008 ended with 7.6.4.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||7||Support for 5 and 6 ended with 7.6.4.|
JasperReports 4.X was deprecated after 7.6.1 and JasperReports Server 6.x was supported through 7.6.2.
Beginning with 7.6.3, only JasperReports Server 7.8 is supported.
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Android.
Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Windows 10.
1909 - 19H2 - November 2019 Update - build 18363 or higher is recommended
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.7.1, 10.8, 10.8.1|
ESRI Roads & Highways
|10.7, 10.8, 10.8.1|
ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
ESRI has a known issue (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
|Recommended Minimum Device|
iOS, Android, or Windows
Screen Size: 7 inch
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 4GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
iOS or Android
Screen Size: 5.8
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 3GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
All operating systems
System RAM: 4GB
Processor Speed: Single Core 2 Ghz
Processor Type: 64 bit
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768