New Features and Enhancements
- Miscellaneous fixes and enhancements to Pavement Express including:
- WalkMe tutorials are now available
- Dashboard is viewable on Pavement Express home page
- Performance issues with segments and side panel on inventory map have been resolved
Work Manager Mobile App
- The first time a user logs in, they will now be prompted to select the Admin Unit they for which they want to do the initial data download. The labor/equipment/material (LEM) resources, work orders, work requests, assets, and inspections for that Admin Unit will be downloaded for that user. After the initial sync, the current workflow under the Settings menu will still apply for changing the Admin Unt and syncing any new data. This will save users time by allowing the correct Admin Unit's data to be downloaded on the initial download always.
- The Start Date and End Date field on Work Request forms now use a Calendar widget as the date picker.
- The Calendar date picker now uses the device's region settings to set the first day of the week and the day name formats.
The app now fully supports multiple users sharing a single device. Transactional data is now stored per user, while network, setting and map tiles are shared between users.
Each user of the device has separate data stored for their work orders, work requests, assets, and inspections, which prevents users overwriting another user's collected data.
- When a user is finished collecting data they can sync or upload their data without affecting the data stored for or being edited by another user on the device.
User's real-time position can now be tracked on screen. The map interface now has 2 modes which the user can toggle between by tapping My Location:
Normal mode: no location
Location Tracking mode: the map will zoom in to user's current location. The current device location is shown on the map and continuously updated when moving around. The location is indicated with a small blue dot with a white outline to reflect the location accuracy. The map will not automatically pan or zoom when tracking the location.
- When creating an Asset Inspection from an Asset Inventory with a predefined Inspection Type for each Asset ID, this value will now default on the form and the user will not be prompted to select it.
- A new configuration option has been added to allow the Reported Date field to be displayed or hidden on the Work Request form. The field can also be backdated using the same setting as the Start Date field. The Reported Date field is used to calculate the Number of Days Open displayed for each Work Request.
- The additional options menu on the Asset Inspection screen now includes a Delete button in addition to Duplicate and Cancel. Delete is enabled until an inspection created in the app is synced, after which it will be disabled.
- The Download Detailed Maps, Street view, and Satellite view are all now available under the Map icon on the map.
- A Clear button is now displayed on every list screen that has filtering enabled (Reporting Forms, Work Orders, and Work Requests) to reset the filter. It is disabled until fields have been added to a filter.
Structures Inspector Web App
Changes made in the Posting tab of the Load Rating and Posting window in Bridge Inventory are now reflected in the Load Rating tab once edits are saved. Similarly, changes made in the Culvert tab are now reflected in the Waterway tab after saving.
Structures Inspector Mobile App
The Structures Inspector mobile app Login screen has been updated to reflect the new AgileAssets Structures Inspector product logo.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Mobile App
- An updated version of the Fleet Maintenance Manager mobile app is available this release. Updating to this version will allow users to stay current with the normal security library updates and compatible with current operating systems.
- In the legacy user interface, for any application menu item that lands on a window (for example, from menus or Quick Links), users are now able to use CTRL + click on Windows or Command + click (on Mac), mouse wheel click, or right-click to open the window in a new browser tab.
- Collection API (i.e., /rest/v2/collect/ and /rest/v2/lookup/) now supports using a polygon as a filter. For detailed usage, see API document.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: The Work Manager mobile app login screen has been updated with the new Work Manager product logo.
- Added: The Reports module now supports .svg images on Standard Reports for use in adding client logos.
- Added: Submit on the Login screen can now also be translated in localization as needed.
- Added: When logging in, the second Login screen with Admin Unit and Security Profile selections are now preserved between sessions.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet Management has been resolved and when a commercial Repair Order is closed without first being saved, the user is prompted to complete this required action before allowing the record to be closed. This will populate the Completed Cost correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet Management has been resolved and copying Repair Order records does not copy the Attachment ID to the new record.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the API permission errors seen on opening certain windows such as the Maintenance Assets window will no longer incorrectly appear.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Default Asset Type Analysis Attributes window can now be filtered by a selected Asset Type.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Update Child Projects function in the right-click menu now works correctly. (NMDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst, Pavement Express, and Structures Analyst has been resolved and thread rows generated when running Optimization Analysis in the Threads window now contains a Start Date column.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and the Setup Finest Partition report in the Reports window now functions correctly. (NMDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Resources module has been resolved and the Transaction History tab of the Material Inventory window when the Material Master Code selection is updated and a stockbin selected to views its material transactions.
- Fixed: Issue in Resource module has been resolved and the Save button on the Equipment Scheduling page is now behaving correctly. (NMDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Roads and Highways has been resolved and default constraint 1 on SUBACTIVITY_ID column in WORK_ORDERS table has been removed and the API sync now works correctly when deleting Labor daycard records. (KYTC)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Analyst, Pavement Analyst, Pavement Express, and Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Search Here filter on the map pane of the Work Plan Results tab in the Optimization Analysis window now works correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and Bridge and Tunnel admin roles now have API access to users resource.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and inspection teams can now be deleted successfully.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector web has been resolved in Structures Inspection Candidates and users can now create Bridge Inspection on a newly created Bridge that does not yet have the Feature Carried attribute assigned.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and number validation now takes into account that the decimal separator may be different when the device language is not English. Change adds localization support for multiple language keyboards.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and the zoomed map now highlights a newly created inspection form. The map will now zoom out as needed and highlight the new inspection form. The form is also highlighted in the list pane.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and Inspections and Reporting Forms now always select items in the list view that are currently highlighted on the map. Now in the Assets and Reporting Form screens, the list pane is scrolled appropriately to highlight a newly created record, or when selecting an Inspection or Report from the map.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has now been resolved and newly created Reporting Forms now display on the map and on the list including when a filter is applied or Zoom to Results has been selected.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app and the SETUP_ASSET_SUB_CATEGORY table has been updated to resolve assetInspectionQuestions API error. (Vinci Airports)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and users can now download a new map after a config key change.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and when a reporting form is selected on the map interface, the selected icon is highlighted and shown on top of other icons on the map and the associated Reporting Form is highlighted in the left pane.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and when a work order or work request has multiple locations, any of which are outside the map extent, the Zoom to Results button is consistently displayed.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and during an initial download, Continue on the Login screen is now disabled until an Admin Unit has been selected in the drop-down.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and the location card of a Work Order created from a Work Request or by duplicating another Work Order now opens correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and items highlighted on the map are now also highlighted and scrolled to in the list view and vice versa in Inspections and Reporting Forms.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and when attaching images, images in the photo gallery on a device to attach are now sorted with the latest appearing first.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and the Copy Forward function on day cards now works correctly.
Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and Work Order equipment day cards, when user attempts to clear the mileage on a record that already has hours set, the day card requires one of the Mileage or Hours fields to be set but the user is able to choose which one and to update these.
Note: For apps being localized in the configuration key, the appropriate translation of the error message can be set for the newly added "errorNoHoursOrMiles" translation key.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager app has been resolved and the sync progress bar no longer moves up and down.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
Existing Known Issues
- In the Work Manager app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as an input, the check box next to the field will clear after the inspection is synced. This only affects text fields.
- In Signals & ITS Manager, when using the new feature to edit point assets on the map on the bound map, and selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool, the tool sometimes does not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, you must click the general map area to complete the action. You also need to click on the Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another asset, you will then need to switch from multi-select mod back to the arrow.
- When using the Work Manager app on a device with low memory, switching the app to the background can result in being logged out automatically. If the user needs to authenticate using Open ID to log back in, they will need an internet connection. This means that if they are logged out due to low memory while offline, they may be unable to log back in until they have internet connectivity.
- In the Work Manager app, if a user enters data in a Reporting form or Asset Collection form and then switches the app to the background and a timeout occurs, the data entered will not be saved. This is an expected behavior and will not be changed.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as input, the check icon next to the field will be cleared out after the inspection has been synced. This only affects open text fields.
- After migrating JasperReports Server reports, private reports cannot be viewed in the AgileAssets application since they are migrated to the user's private JasperReports Server folder.
Workaround: Copy this report from the private user's folder in JasperReports Server repository directly to Migrations folder. Make the report public prior to migration from Manage Reports window, and then make it private again after successful migration if desired.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards, JasperReports Server 7.8 version provides a new parameter to show Titles by default so they can be duplicated in places where they are used. To address this issue, the duplicated headers can be disabled manually in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Crosstab visualization type, an extra Measures field is introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. To avoid this issue, the visualization type needs to be changed to any other type. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- General font and scale changes were introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. As a result, some dashboard objects may be than in previous versions and have different formatting (ex: ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Pie Chart visualization type can display less information or may not show all values). To avoid this, the space used might need to be increased or the font size may need to be decreased. The same might need to be done for Stacked Column visualization type and others. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server or fixed explicitly for every specific dashboard object.
- Some String Type report parameters after JasperReports Server 7.8 upgrade may display Null. This value can be removed manually while selecting report parameters for viewing so that the report will be generated as before.
- As a result of general font and scale changes introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8, some Table headers in the reports can be wrapped to another line thus hiding part of the text. This issue may also affect some report data - titles, text displayed in table columns/rows etc. This might need to be fixed explicitly for each specific report.
There is an existing ESRI bug (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- Version 7.6.1 of the Work Manager app crashes on non-supported iOS version 12.4.8.
- ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
- In Work Manager, when adding a new Work Request an error appears if the name is more than 20 characters long. (KYTC)
- In Signals, when selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool on the bound map, it will sometimes not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, users may have to click in the general map area to complete the action. Users will also need to click on the new Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another single asset afterwards, users need to switch from the multi-select mode back to the Arrow tool. (NYSDOT)
- On mobile apps running on Windows, when using the device's camera to scan a barcode, the app will crash if the app has not previously been given access to the camera and the device is rotated.
- In Firefox, User Update and Date Update aren't displaying for added elements in Tunnels.
- Work Manager validation checks for Work Logs aren't currently working.
- Users cannot view all warranties attached to a Repair Order if one of them has an empty Name or Warranty Rule field in the Fleet Maintenance Manager App.
- In the Work Manager app, two location cards created for the same asset and the same date currently share Work Logs. Work logs created, edited, or deleted on one will be reflected on the other card. The Web Application does not allow duplicate Location cards for the same Date and Asset, so if a duplicate is created on Work Manager by mistake, it can be easily deleted on the Web application or on Work Manager.
- Repair Orders are currently taking longer than usual to load in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In the Fleet Maintenance Manager app, the Date selector is cropped in landscape mode on small devices.
- Delete is not available in in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Quantities are rounded or truncated if too large to display in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Activity cannot be updated to None if it has previously been set with a different value in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Changing Warranty Rules does not currently reset unsaved values on Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Repair Order Number is currently missing from the header of drop-down lists in the Repair Order screen in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Time Spent does not currently support 2 decimal places in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Type of Service drop-down in the Fleet app and Equipment Work Class drop-down on the web are not currently synced.
- Lists are not using the full screen space in Admin Units and Daycards in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app - the lists can still be scrolled in their entirety so no functionality is lost.
- The Mileage field is not following digit parameters for Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Labor and Equipment daycard statuses are not syncing correctly between the web and the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Costs are not updating correctly when Description or Part Number exceed 100 in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structure inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structure Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
- Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
- The Structure Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
- The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the JasperReport print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there is more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
Verified items have been tested on this release. Supported items have been tested on previous releases and may have a less than optimal experience for this release. Unless otherwise specified, the version number listed are verified.
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11.0.16|
*Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.
Support for Open JDK ended with 7.6.4.
|Web Browsers||Internet Explorer||N/A||Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer as of August 17th, 2021 and Agile Assets stopped supporting it on June 15th, 2022 for all versions of the application.|
|Chrome||102 or newer|
|Firefox||ESR 102||Extended Support Release versions are supported.|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
18.1.0 (patch 18.17.0)
Requires OJDBC8 driver
We recommend upgrading to 19c because 12.2 is no longer supported as of Q1 2022 and 18c is no longer be supported as of Q2 2022.
Support for 9.5 and 9.6 ended with 7.6.5.
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server|
|Support for 2008 ended with 7.6.4.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||7||Support for 5 and 6 ended with 7.6.4.|
JasperReports 4.X was deprecated after 7.6.1 and JasperReports Server 6.x was supported through 7.6.2.
Support for versions prior to JasperReports Server 7.8 ended with 7.6.3.
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Android.
Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Windows 10.
1909 - 19H2 - November 2019 Update - build 18363 or higher is recommended
ESRI Roads & Highways
10.7, 10.7.1, 10.8, 10.8.1
ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
ESRI has a known issue (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise|
Oracle: 10.5.1, 10.6
Mobile Apps and Device Specifications
|Notes||Device Type||Product||Recommended Minimum Device Specs|
Note: The current version of the mobile apps require a minimum web application version of 7.6+ to support the current release version.
Use with an unsupported web application can result in data loss or corruption.
iOS, Android, or Windows
Screen Size: 7 inch
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 4GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
iOS or Android
Screen Size: 5.8
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 3GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
All operating systems
System RAM: 4GB
Processor Speed: Single Core 2 Ghz
Processor Type: 64 bit
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768