New Features and Enhancements
Pavement Express and Cityworks are now connected to give public works managers a single solution to manage the entire pavement management life cycle: From analyzing and creating a maintenance strategy to executing that strategy with work management. This integration introduces the following capabilities:
- Pavement inventory managed through Cityworks can be imported directly into Pavement Express through a built-in import requiring no manual field mapping
- Condition survey data and inspection data from Cityworks can be imported directly into Pavement Express where PCI is calculated and displayed in a GIS
- Inventory is viewable in a GIS and condition ratings are color-coded on the map for the entire network
- Scenarios are created in Pavement Express to form a rehabilitation strategy that optimizes an agency's budget dollars and recommended projects from the final strategy/work plan are imported to Cityworks and assigned to proposed work activities
- Work orders are validated and completed in Cityworks
- Pavement Express updates PCI and construction history based on completed work orders in Cityworks
Base map viewing options in Inventory Map
The inventory map now includes the ability to choose from the following base maps: Streets, Dark, Satellite, Streets Relief. This gives the user more options for better visibility of the roadway and parking lot segment in the map.
- The following changes have been made to the Edit Material Requests window:
- Only the Assigned Admin Unit has access to use the right-click menu items: Receive multiple items into stock, and Fulfill Order of Multiple Items to Requesting Admin Unit
- Only the Assigned Admin Unit, Requesting Admin Unit, or a parent admin unit is able to view an assigned material request
The MMS: Update Asset Condition After Maintenance job when run now handles cases where multiple activities have been performed for the same asset on one work date:
If the same activity was performed multiple times on the same date, its benefit will only be counted once
Duplicate Maintenance type inspections will not be created in this case
If different activities have been performed on the same date, the overall condition will increase until the maximum possible score is achieved
If an actual field inspection has been performed for an asset, no Maintenance type inspections will be generated for completed work orders performed on the same date nor will the Overall Condition score be changed
- The MMS: Update Asset Condition After Maintenance system job has been updated so that an asset's condition is only changed to reflect a maintenance activity being performed if the end condition can be reasonably inferred. If the asset's condition starts at 0-Not Applicable, activities that add to the condition score (ex. +1 on repair) will not result in a score change, but those which set the score to a defined value (ex. max value on replacement) will be applied.
- In the Maintenance Assets window, users can now create Work Orders for one or multiple assets selected on the map, using the new Create Work Order button on the map. Clicking this button opens the work order wizard and allows the user to select of the Project, Asset Type (defaulted based on first selected asset), Activity, Subactivity, and Asset IDs (defaulted based on selected assets on map). After selecting the attributes, a two-pane pop-up window is displayed for the selected attributes and assets, where the user can insert, edit, and delete an asset as needed and complete setting the rest of the work order attributes (Start Date, End Date, Calendar, Plan Amount, etc).
The Asset collection forms in Work Manager now has a Save button displayed at the top right of the screen on tablets, or on the form on phones.
The Save button is displayed only when changes have been made to the form, it is hidden otherwise. The 'Saved' indicator will no longer be displayed since auto-save is deprecated.
Using the Back button will go back to the previous screen with a warning indicating that changes will be lost with the option to confirm or cancel.
Note: Clicking Save will save the asset form and close it, there is currently no validations done on the form but it will be implemented on future update.
- The Asset Inspection screen in Work Manager now has a Save button displayed at the top right of the screen on tablets, or on the form on phones.
- Clicking Save will save the inspection and close the form (go back).
- Clicking the Back button will go back to the previous screen without saving any changes, with a warning message shown first.
- Where no changes have been made to the inspection form, the save button will not be displayed.
- When creating a new inspection, the inspection form will be opened but if the user doesn't change anything or navigates back without saving, the inspection will not be created.
- When duplicating an inspection, the inspection form will be opened with the Save button enabled immediately (because the Inspection Date and Status will have been updated) but if the user navigates back without saving, the inspection will not be created.
- Submitting an inspection will also save the inspection record.
- When trying to duplicate an inspection after making changes to it but not saving them, an error message will be shown "Please save changes to the inspection before duplicating".
- Clicking Save will save the inspection and close the form (go back).
- The Asset collection forms in Work Manager now has a Save button displayed at the top right of the screen on tablets, or on the form on phones.
- The Save button is displayed only when changes have been made to the form, it is hidden otherwise. The 'Saved' indicator will no longer be displayed since auto-save is now deprecated.
- Using the Back button will go back to the previous screen with a warning indicating that changes will be lost with the option to confirm or cancel.Note: Note: Clicking Save will save the asset form and close it, there are no validations done on the form for now.
- When tapping the + button to add an attachment, a new Add Sketch option has been added. Add Sketch creates a blank image (white background) and open the image editor used for editing/annotating photos. The user can then mark up and save an annotated image and add it to the list of attachments. The default pen is black, but can be changed as needed.
Support for offline ESRI maps has been added. After first login on the Work Manager app, an offline version of every configured offline map will be downloaded to the app at default zoom level 10.
Selecting Download Detailed Map from the map panel will download the currently visible area at the Max Zoom level configured in the config file for all defined offline maps. The user will get a message indicating the size of the expected download. The menu option to download detailed maps will also be available when viewing an online map, but the download will only be for an offline map package. When an offline base map is used and the user tries to zoom into an area that doesn't yet have detailed map tiles downloaded, a message will be shown at the top of the map "No detailed maps available for this area. Please download detailed maps when online."
When no internet connection is available, switching to an online map will display an error message. When an offline base map is selected, the feature layers button will be displayed since feature layers are not supported while offline.Note: Features can be rendered on the maps at high resolutions so these attributes are automatically available on or offline when user is at higher zoom levels.
- The Work Manager config file now has a new config option: features/showWorkOrderDetail that can be set to false, optional or required.
- When the configuration is set to optional or required, a new field Work Detail will be displayed as a drop-down list on the work order location cards.
- The possible values for this field will be retrieved from the LOC_DET_ID lookup (SETUP_LOC_DET table).
- When the work detail field is required, the user can't save the work order location when there is no value selected for work detail.
- When duplicating a work order, the work detail field for work order locations can be copied if it is configured that way.
- Also added the SETUP_COLUMN_ID metadata for the 'Work Location' (LOC_DET_ID) column for all clients. This definition is needed for the lookup of the 'Work Location' field which is now optionally available on Work Order location day cards.
- When the configuration is set to optional or required, a new field Work Detail will be displayed as a drop-down list on the work order location cards.
The mapping code has been refactored for the Work Manager app to address the following issues:
Each viewmodel now has its own MapState object that keeps track of the map extent and layers to draw on the map for that model
Viewmodels no longer draw directly to the MapViewModel layers but to the associated MapState instead
Multiple map updates can be batched until MapState.Apply() is called, reducing flicker and improving performance
Fixed linear asset selection workflow on map
Fixed a rounding error occurring on iOS devices
- When editing or adding a work order location day card, the Save button on the day card is now disabled until the Work Date field has been selected. Work Date is now required on work order locations as it is on all other day card types. If a work order is for a single date, the location day card dates will default to that date.
- The Signals Move & Transfer workflow has been updated so that the installed signal equipment which is in status Active-In Use will now transition to status Active-Spare during Removal operations. The other statuses (Active-APL and Active-QPL) are not affected by this change.
- On Postgres, improved the performance when a window opens a very large dataset.
- Table Import Configuration now supports importing attachments from an ArcGIS Map Service or Feature Service's queryAttachment REST end point.
- Hosted AWS clients using S3 bucket for attachment storage no longer needs manually update of the access token to use the service. The application can now reads the AWS environmental variables directly.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: In the Maintenance Manager, when issuing a Work Order from a Work Request, the following are now supported:
- If the work request has multiple locations/assets, users can manually select one or more locations/assets that are already linked to the work request
- If work request has no locations/assets, users can select the work order assets from the list of all existing assets assigned to current admin unit
- If work request has a location that doesn't have an asset associated, users can select from the list of all existing assets
- User is able to not add location when creating a work order from a work request with locations
- If work request has 1 location with asset and 1 location without asset, then when creating work order from this work request, only location with asset will be available for selection
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App, a new features/locations/allowRouteSelection setting has been added to the Work Manager configuration key. When set to False, users will not be able to select a Route (and LRS location) as a work order location, all work must be charged to an asset in this case. Set to True by default. (OKDOT)
- Added: In Work Manager Mobile App, OpenID redirect URLs with double slashes (//) as needed by some Identity Providers (IdPs) are now supported. No changes are needed to support the standard single slash (/) syntax used by other providers.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and labor day cards that exceed 24 hours no longer generate a warning message when the Allow more than 24 hours system setting is turned on.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and Cancel, Clear, and Save buttons now display correctly on devices of varying sizes and resolutions.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and section assets selected on the map in the Maintenance Assets window are now selected on the map and highlighted in the grid whether they are clicked on in the map or the grid. Selecting a section on the grid now also selects all of its child segments on the map.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and Costs day cards now display Total Cost field with consistent currency formatting.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and Work Logs for locations cards now functions correctly for Work Request and Work Orders.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and Work Request location cards are now displayed correctly for the Signal asset type.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and a Work Request record with a Start Date but no End Date and a Location card no longer causes the app to crash.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and when editing a location card for a Work Order or Work Request, the map will automatically zoom to that location. Deleting a location card or canceling edits on one will now deselect that location on the map.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Accomplishments pane is now set to read only when the AccomplishmentsByLocation feature toggle is turned on. When this feature is active, accomplishments should be entered on the work order location and will then be displayed in the Accomplishments pane. (INDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and hyperlinks now work correctly on Work Order location cards and have been removed from Work Request location cards. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Inspector has been resolved and the Number of Spans field in the Bridge Inventory - Active window calculation now works correctly. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the Map is consistently zoomed out when a new Reporting Form is created and the report appears as the last item in the reporting forms list but before the asset inspection cards. The report is highlighted on both the map and on the list.
- Fixed: Issue in Fleet & Equipment Manager has been resolved and the Change Repair Order To Commercial option is not present in the menu once any day cards have been created for that record.
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and Jasper Server report input controls now operate correctly, so the "_PARAM" suffix returned by Jasper Server is consistently handled. This resolves issues with loading local dashboard reports which have arguments.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and Work Order and Work Request tabs no longer appear on the Reporting Form screen.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and to ensure Validation Override and Check Data Errors buttons are present functioning correctly on the Work Orders pane of the Work Orders window. [AMS_IN]
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and only Offline maps are now available for selection in the map panel when there is no internet connection. When connected to the internet, Online maps will reappear and the map Layers button is available.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the message in the Edit WO Activity window that tells the user that the Measurement Unit has been updated to match the Measurement Unit of the new activity now appears consistently. (LADOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Dashboards has been resolved the alert letting users know their changes will be lost, with the option to proceed or to cancel to go back to save the dashboard now displays correctly when reloading the window after creating but not saving a report dashboard.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and when opening a JasperServer pop-up, the check for arguments to fill required parameters now parses them correctly in both upper and lowercase to ensure that auto-download support is consistently available.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and material Receipt transactions generated using the Receive Multiple Items Into Stock function in the Edit Material Requests window now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and users cannot edit fields in header record (except for Inspection Status) in the Asset Inspection window, the behavior has been updated or in Details pane when the Inspection Status is set to Completed.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and in the Asset Inspection window, an Asset's location attributes automatically update when a new asset is selected either initially or by editing an existing section.
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Material Request Transfer Color schema will now update colors to correctly reflect status in the Material Requests window. (INDOT, SCDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and now on Work Requests the defined Asset Type will filter the list of assets returned in the pop-up selection window when searching the Asset field.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Inventory Sharing window now parses all asset rows when checking which admin units each asset type is shared with.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Management has been resolved and the Pavement Structure window now correctly handles and displays selected Routes even when they span a gap. (PMS TX)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Optimization Analysis reports have been updated to be easier to read so that graphs will include only the assets included in each year's results.
- Fixed: Issue in System module has been resolved and all User Name fields have been set to a standard length of between 1 and 199 characters. Any fields that exceed 200 characters have not bee updated.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the Back arrow is always present and navigates the user to the previous step when selected.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the correct base map now appears upon logging in.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and if the connection is dropped during the initial sync, once it is reestablished and the sync Retry button is pressed, the full set of assets are successfully downloaded.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and disabling Work Orders in the config key will make the Create new Work Order from Work Request button unavailable from the Work Requests screen.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and detailed map tiles can now be downloaded, even on devices where maxZoomLevel was set to a value > 16 in the configuration key.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and when the app times out in the background of a device, the login screen with all controls present will appear when the app is reopened.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and it can now handle syncing assets with multiple detail records (linear assets with multiple child or detail records).
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and number fields can now parse positive and negative numbers.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the currently selected asset is now consistently displayed on top of any other assets visible on the map. The selected asset is displayed in the foreground so user can clearly see the selection.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and when work orders are not enabled in the config key, the Work Orders tab is not displayed, and work order data is not downloaded from the API. When neither work orders nor work requests are enabled in the config key, the Work Orders option will not be shown in the hamburger menu, and the default screen (Assets or Reporting Forms) will be the first screen that is enabled. The Work Orders menu item in hamburger menu should be changed by an admin user in the localization file to read Work Requests if client will be using work requests only but not work orders.
- Fixed: Issue in Work Manager Mobile App has been resolved and the newly added Work Detail field on the work order location day cards is highlighted on the card when selected for editing.
- Fixed: In Work Manager, the work order Location card has been updated so that as each of the Asset, Route, Location Detail, BMP, and EMP fields are selected for editing, they are highlighted correctly and if applicable the correct context is shown on the map.
- Fixed issue where a work order that has a location day card with only an accomplishment or comment, but no location, geometry, or asset associated would not display in Work Manager. These no-location work orders will now display at the bottom of the List view but are not displayed on the Map view.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
New Known Issues
JasperServer reports are generated twice. This is working as designed in JasperServer reports and cannot be changed. Reports are rendered twice:
Initial request loads only first report page as fast loading summary
Second request loads entire report for display/download purposes
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, if Lat/Long fields are present on an Asset Collection Form, the negative Longitude values will still cause the Save button to be enabled on the opening form. Lat/Long fields should not be included in collections, they should be kept on the web side only and updated on sync from the Geometry maintained for the asset record.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, selecting one segment from a multi-segment Beat asset for a location day card currently generates an error.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, currently when the URL for an ESRI base map is incorrect and a user tries to change the base map, the app crashes.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, when a user tries to download multiple base maps, if the first map to be downloaded is configured incorrectly then none of the maps download. It is possible to change the order of the maps so that the incorrect map is last which will allow the other maps to download correctly.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, layers for online maps also appear on offline maps although layers are not supported while offline. Logging out and back in will update the offline map.
Resolved Known Issues
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, Work Order with Asset Type of Signal Equipment that do not have any location day cards are not present on the list of Work Orders in Work Manager after sync. But users can tap on Zoom to Results button to view them. (NYSDOT)
Existing Known Issues
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, it is not possible to edit To and From offsets of the linear asset after it is selected and saved as a Work Order location.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, Work Orders are not displayed on the map if more than 900 Work Orders are present in the Admin Unit. Work Orders can still be clicked even though they are not visible.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, when syncing after performing a Pond Inspection the sync fails. Inspection questions are retained when text is entered into Field Rain Depth (In) field (MNDOT)
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, the Add Work Log button is not available for shared Work Orders. (NYSDOT)
- In Pavement Maagement, it is not possible to see data and graph in the Pavement Mgmnt > Database > Construction > Pavement Structure (Profile / Cross Section) &menu_id=pms_graph window. (TXDOT-PMS)
- n the Work Manager Mobile App, it is not currently possible to create a Line type location for Reporting Forms if there is an associated route (field Start and End MP are present in WM on location details pane). This is an API issue. Locations can still be created in the web application.
- In Maintenance Manager, Find function can be slow or unresponsive on windows using Paginated Data Window type.
- In the Work Manager Mobile App, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as an input, the check box next to the field will clear after the inspection is synced. This only affects text fields.
- In Signals & ITS Manager, when using the new feature to edit point assets on the map on the bound map, and selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool, the tool sometimes does not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, you must click the general map area to complete the action. You also need to click on the Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another asset, you will then need to switch from multi-select mod back to the arrow.
- When using the Work Manager app on a device with low memory, switching the app to the background can result in being logged out automatically. If the user needs to authenticate using Open ID to log back in, they will need an internet connection. This means that if they are logged out due to low memory while offline, they may be unable to log back in until they have internet connectivity.
- In the Work Manager app, if a user enters data in a Reporting form or Asset Collection form and then switches the app to the background and a timeout occurs, the data entered will not be saved. This is an expected behavior and will not be changed.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, if an inspection has fields where text must be entered as input, the check icon next to the field will be cleared out after the inspection has been synced. This only affects open text fields.
- After migrating JasperReports Server reports, private reports cannot be viewed in the AgileAssets application since they are migrated to the user's private JasperReports Server folder.
Workaround: Copy this report from the private user's folder in JasperReports Server repository directly to Migrations folder. Make the report public prior to migration from Manage Reports window, and then make it private again after successful migration if desired.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards, JasperReports Server 7.8 version provides a new parameter to show Titles by default so they can be duplicated in places where they are used. To address this issue, the duplicated headers can be disabled manually in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- For JasperReports ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Crosstab visualization type, an extra Measures field is introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. To avoid this issue, the visualization type needs to be changed to any other type. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server when opening the dashboard in Designer mode.
- General font and scale changes were introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8. As a result, some dashboard objects may be than in previous versions and have different formatting (ex: ad-hoc views used in dashboards that use Pie Chart visualization type can display less information or may not show all values). To avoid this, the space used might need to be increased or the font size may need to be decreased. The same might need to be done for Stacked Column visualization type and others. This may be configured directly in JasperReports Server or fixed explicitly for every specific dashboard object.
- Some String Type report parameters after JasperReports Server 7.8 upgrade may display Null. This value can be removed manually while selecting report parameters for viewing so that the report will be generated as before.
- As a result of general font and scale changes introduced with JasperReports Server 7.8, some Table headers in the reports can be wrapped to another line thus hiding part of the text. This issue may also affect some report data - titles, text displayed in table columns/rows etc. This might need to be fixed explicitly for each specific report.
There is an existing ESRI bug (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzODczMQ==) wherein the Export Network tool fails to include all routes in the output when the Linear Referencing System (LRS) Time and Last LRS Time parameters are used.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- Version 7.6.1 of the Work Manager app crashes on non-supported iOS version 12.4.8.
- ESRI 10.8.1 has an existing issue (BUG-000138399) that will affect users of our Roads and Highways module. They can work around the bug until ESRI resolves it by using the Relocate Events tool from the Location Referencing Tools.tbx located in the installation directory C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LocationReferencing\Server10.8\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes when creating the GP Tool.
- In Work Manager, when adding a new Work Request an error appears if the name is more than 20 characters long. (KYTC)
- In Signals, when selecting multiple assets with the multi-select tool on the bound map, it will sometimes not select all the assets within the selected area. After selecting assets and moving them on the map, users may have to click in the general map area to complete the action. Users will also need to click on the new Edit button on the map to complete the edit process. To select another single asset afterwards, users need to switch from the multi-select mode back to the Arrow tool. (NYSDOT)
- On mobile apps running on Windows, when using the device's camera to scan a barcode, the app will crash if the app has not previously been given access to the camera and the device is rotated.
- In Firefox, User Update and Date Update aren't displaying for added elements in Tunnels.
- Work Manager validation checks for Work Logs aren't currently working.
- Users cannot view all warranties attached to a Repair Order if one of them has an empty Name or Warranty Rule field in the Fleet Maintenance Manager App.
- In the Work Manager app, two location cards created for the same asset and the same date currently share Work Logs. Work logs created, edited, or deleted on one will be reflected on the other card. The Web Application does not allow duplicate Location cards for the same Date and Asset, so if a duplicate is created on Work Manager by mistake, it can be easily deleted on the Web application or on Work Manager.
- Repair Orders are currently taking longer than usual to load in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In the Fleet Maintenance Manager app, the Date selector is cropped in landscape mode on small devices.
- Delete is not available in in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Quantities are rounded or truncated if too large to display in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Cost Activity cannot be updated to None if it has previously been set with a different value in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Changing Warranty Rules does not currently reset unsaved values on Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Repair Order Number is currently missing from the header of drop-down lists in the Repair Order screen in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Time Spent does not currently support 2 decimal places in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- The Type of Service drop-down in the Fleet app and Equipment Work Class drop-down on the web are not currently synced.
- Lists are not using the full screen space in Admin Units and Daycards in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app - the lists can still be scrolled in their entirety so no functionality is lost.
- The Mileage field is not following digit parameters for Repair Orders in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Labor and Equipment daycard statuses are not syncing correctly between the web and the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- Direct Costs are not updating correctly when Description or Part Number exceed 100 in the Fleet Maintenance Manager app.
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- In the Structure Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structure inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structure Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
- Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
- The Structure Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
- The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
- As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
- The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
- Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: Chrome or Safari
- When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
- When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
- While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
- Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the JasperReport print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
- Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
- A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
- On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
- In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
- The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
- Edge - 4000 rows
- Chrome - 400 rows
- Firefox - 1000 rows
- Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
- When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
- The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
- When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
- Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
- GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
- The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
- A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
- An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
- A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
- For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
- When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there is more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
- The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
- When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
- In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
- Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
Verified items have been tested on this release. Supported items have been tested on previous releases and may have a less than optimal experience for this release. Unless otherwise specified, the version number listed are verified.
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||220.127.116.11|
*Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.
Support for Open JDK ended with 7.6.4.
|Web Browsers||Internet Explorer||N/A||Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer as of August 17th, 2021 and Agile Assets stopped supporting it on June 15th, 2022 for all versions of the application.|
|Chrome||102 or newer|
|Firefox||ESR 102.4.0||Extended Support Release versions are supported.|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
18.1.0 (patch 18.17.0)
Requires OJDBC8 driver
We recommend upgrading to 19c because 12.2 is no longer supported as of Q1 2022 and 18c is no longer be supported as of Q2 2022.
Support for 9.5 and 9.6 ended with 7.6.5.
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server|
|Support for 2008 ended with 7.6.4.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||7||Support for 5 and 6 ended with 7.6.4.|
JasperReports 4.X was deprecated after 7.6.1 and JasperReports Server 6.x was supported through 7.6.2.
Support for versions prior to JasperReports Server 7.8 ended with 7.6.3.
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Android.
Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later
The Materials Manager mobile app is not supported on Windows 10.
1909 - 19H2 - November 2019 Update - build 18363 or higher is recommended
ESRI Roads & Highways
10.7, 10.7.1, 10.8, 10.8.1
|Install the latest Roads and Highways patches.|
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise|
Oracle: 10.5.1, 10.6
Mobile Apps and Device Specifications
|Notes||Device Type||Product||Recommended Minimum Device Specs|
Note: The current version of the mobile apps require a minimum web application version of 7.6+ to support the current release version.
Use with an unsupported web application can result in data loss or corruption.
iOS, Android, or Windows
Screen Size: 7 inch
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 4GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
iOS or Android
Screen Size: 5.8
Camera resolution: 8MP
Internal memory: 3GB
Device storage: at least 64GB, with a minimum of 4GB available
All operating systems
System RAM: 4GB
Processor Speed: Single Core 2 Ghz
Processor Type: 64 bit
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768