All transportation agencies keep a list of planned projects which is updated regularly and records when the project will be performed, where it will be performed, the intended treatment, and estimated project cost.
This list is termed a work plan, and it constitutes the final list of sections proposed for treatment based upon network analysis results and, as necessary, user intervention. The system allows you to develop multiple work plans, with the different work plans being defined in the Work Plan Type window. Then select a plan from the drop-down list in the Select WP Type field at the top of this window and enter the data for the work plan. The data is then used in optimization analysis and reports.
1.1 Edit/Modify a Work Plan - Click Here for Master Work Plan Exercise
The objective of this lesson is for the participant to understand how to make updates to a work plan.
At the end of this lesson, the user should be able to edit/modify a work plan.
In the Master Work Plan window, a user can select a Master Work Plan Type from the drop-down list in the “Select WP Type” field at the top of this window, and review/enter the data for the work plan. The data is then used in optimization analysis and reports. When you right-click the table, a shortcut menu is displayed. This menu contains the common commands along with the following special commands:
- Recalculate Cost: This command utilizes the treatment cost formula configured in the Calculated Expressions window. This formula uses the input parameters for treatment costs found in the Master Work Plan window. The result of this formula is then displayed in the Project Cost column.
- Copy Analysis Results: This command displays a dialog box from which you select the scenario analysis and then the line items you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window. Click here for more information on using this command.
- Copy from Master WP: This command displays a dialog box from which you select another work plan and then the line items you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window.
- Copy from Network Master: This command displays a dialog box from which you select the records you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window.
- Create Pavement Construction Record: This command creates a construction history section record from the currently selected master plan record provided a work code is designated for the treatment assigned to the master plan record. The construction history section record is then available for edit and review in the Construction History window.
In this example, we show how a work plan can be Create, Edited, or Deleted by performing the following steps:
1. Open the Master Work Plan window: Structures Analyst > Analysis > Master Work Plan
2. Click the arrow in the Select WP Type field above the table and select the desired work plan from the displayed list.
3. To add a record to the plan, right-click in the Project (upper left) pane and select Insert. The application adds a new record to the table, and you can enter the necessary information in each columns.
4. To add treatment to the plan, highlight the plan (record) of interest in the project pane, then right-click in the Treatments (lower left) pane and select Insert. The application adds a new row so you can select/enter the necessary information in each of the columns.
5. Click the Save button to save the record when finished.
- To modify information in a record, highlight the existing information and then type the new information.
- To remove a record from the plan, right-click on the record to be deleted and select Delete.
3. Click the Save button to save the record.