All transportation agencies keep a list of planned projects, which is updated regularly and records when the project will be performed, where it will be performed, the intended treatment, and estimated project cost. This list is termed a work plan, and it constitutes the final list of sections proposed for treatment based upon network analysis results and, as necessary, user intervention. The system allows you to develop multiple work plans, with the different work plans being defined in the Work Plan Type window. Then select a plan from the drop-down list in the Select WP Type field at the top of this window and enter the data for the work plan. The data is then used in optimization analysis and reports.
When you right-click the table, a shortcut menu is displayed. This menu contains the common commands along with the following special commands:
- Recalculate Cost: This command uses the treatment cost formula configured in the Calculated Expressions window. This formula uses the input parameters for treatment costs found in the Master Work Plan window. The result of this formula is then displayed in the Project Cost column.
- Copy Analysis Results: This command displays a dialog box from which you select the scenario analysis and then the line items you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window. See Copy Line Items from an Optimization Analysis for more information on using this command.
- Copy from Master WP: This command displays a dialog box from which you select a work plan and then the line items you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window.
- Copy from Network Master: This command displays a dialog box from which you select the records you want to copy to the Work Plan Data window.
- Create Pavement Construction Record: This command creates a construction history section record from the currently selected master plan record provided a work code is designated for the treatment assigned to the master plan record. The construction history section record is then available for edit and review in the Construction History window. Once a line item in a work plan is used to create a construction history record, this command is no longer available for that line item.
The following information is copied from the master plan record to the construction history section record:
- The work code from the treatment assigned to that master plan record.
- The layer information from the standard section assigned to the master plan record. If no standard section is assigned to the master plan record, then the standard section assigned to the treatment associated with the master plan record will be used. If a standard section is not associated with either the master plan record or the treatment associated with the master plan record, a construction history section record will still be created, but it will have no layers.
- The cost, location, and construction year from the master plan record.