New features have been added to the Work Manager mobile app as well as improvements and bug fixes.
New Features and Enhancements
Work Requests are now available on the Work Manager mobile app. The Work Request feature allows you to:
- Create new work requests
- View and Edit Work Requests created on the web application
- Add, edit, and delete Work Request locations
- Create Work Orders from Work Requests
- Delete and duplicate Work Requests
Work Orders on Work Manager now allow users to pick stock bins for activities including mixing and hauling.
The Inspections pane on Work Manager has been renamed to Reporting Forms. Reporting Forms that have been defined on the Maintenance Manager web application can now be created and edited on Work Manager through this pane. Location information can be captured and edited for each form.
The Asset creation workflow on Work Manager has several new improvements. It has been made more intuitive and easy to access. Both spatial and LRS assets may now be captured using Work Manager. Location information can be edited in Work Manager.
Work Manager now features modern Mapbox Studio style maps. Previous versions of Work Manager featured Mapbox Classic style maps. Clients using Work Manager are encouraged to update to the latest version to take advantage of the modern map styles. AgileAssets will continue to support versions of the app with the Classic maps until Dec 31st 2020.
Improvements have been made to the Sync process to make it faster and more efficient.
Standard report parameters can now be applied for cascading parameters in the Jasperserver dashboard. Cascading parameters will display limited drop-down lists based on the standard report parameter values.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: Roadway Network Transaction now supports Effective Transaction Date. Any events on the corresponding route with an event date after the Effective Transaction Date will not be updated. The new LRS Buffer Event Date Logic window allows users to enter logic to calculate the even date using SQL expressions. (KYTC)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and fields with open text can now be used as filters on Postgres. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and null can be used as a filter value on both Oracle and Postgres now. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and Show function in the Sections Inventory window now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the 'Inflows' pane of the Transactions tab in the Material Inventory window now displays correctly for the selected material stockbin. (NVDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and window objects no longer overlap when zooming on the RMIP Planning window. (NCDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst has been resolved and Update Target Table now updates the entire table or subset of the table.
- Fixed: Issue in Structure Manager has been resolved and status 'Active' is shown for Edit Inventories that were QA approved.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and Inspectors and Team Leaders can now see their submitted inspections in the Quality Control window. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and once Driving Inspections have QA approval, the Bridge Inventory window updates with Total Quantity of Active Elements, newly added Elements are shown in Active status, and removed elements are shown in Removed status.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- In Work Manager, if you try to sync a newly created Asset and an Inspection performed on that asset at the same time, the sync will fail. Currently, you must create the asset and then sync before you can perform the inspection and sync the inspection.
Existing Known Issues
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- In Structures Inspector, when Revert Edits is selected in Tunnel inventory screen, users must currently reload the page for their edits to disappear.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
- For windows devices, text boxes in the Structures Inspector mobile app, such as the General Notes field in the general inspection form or the Comments field in access needs form, display the input cursor in the middle of the text box, instead of at the top of the text box.
The Structures Inspector mobile app may crash when more than 10 photos are selected from the device album to be attached to an inspection record
Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
When a user adds multiple photos to an inspections from a device with a full camera roll on an Android device the Structures Inspector mobile app may crash.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists inspections in QC and QA for download but if those inspections are edited, the sync process will halt and users must click Delete on device and continue to sync their other inspections.
When downloading for the first time, please check the status of inspections and do not download inspections with a QC or QA status. To review the status of inspections that have already been downloaded, clickand select Download Inspections.
The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
The discovery date is absent on the flag screen in Structures Inspector. Currently, the default date is the current date for flags created in the web app.
The Structures Inspector mobile app screen shifts when closing a pop-up window.
Flags can now be created in the Structures Inspector mobile app but must still be submitted to QC using the web application. Additionally, Flags Superseding and Discovery Date are not yet available in the app.
Flags cannot be set to supersede each other in the Structures Inspector mobile app.
As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
IE 11 - 4000 rows
Edge - 4000 rows
Chrome - 400 rows
Firefox - 1000 rows
IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
|Platform||Snows 1,2||Snows 3||Notes|
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
|1.11||Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.|
|Edge||811||As of 7.5.1, 81.0.416 and 44.18362 are the stable versions|
|Chrome||80 or newer2||81 is current as of 5/5/2020|
|Firefox||ESR 68.73||ESR 78|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 13.X|
Safari is coupled with iOS, so the version of Safari is tied to the OS versions supported.
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Note: ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise with 10.6 includes support for 9.6 (in addition to 9.4.x and 9.5.x)
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X||Jaspersoft does not support Java 11 until version 7.5 and must run independently on 8.|
|Note: Structures Inspector and Work Manager apps support tablets only and do not support smart phones. The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager apps support both tablets and smart phones.|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Android.
Android devices do not usually upgrade their OS. 6.X is from 10/2015 to 10/2016.
|Windows 10||Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later|
Note: The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Windows 10
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7|
For the Roads & Highways Interface
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
For integrated ArcGIS Enterprise
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19|