Enhancements made to Fleet & Equipment Manager, Structures Inspector, and Work Manager app as well as other improvements and bug fixes.
New Features and Enhancements
Fleet & Equipment Manager
- It is now possible to check all available vehicles for reservations and assign it from the Equipment Availability pop-up window. User can also see a list of all accessories that belongs to each vehicle in the same pop-up window.
Work Manager App
- On the Work Order and Work Request flows, fields with drop-down menus now also have search capability enabled.
- Reporting Forms can now be filtered using the admin unit of the current user. This can be set up on the config file.
Note: One of the fields in the reporting form needs to accept the Owner_id column value which indicates the admin unit for this to work.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added: In Maintenance Manager, multiple locations can now be added to a single work request. (LADOT)
- Added: In Reporting, the action menu items are now available for server-based reports. (NVDOT)
- Added: In Structure Inspector, a new field has been added to the General form that tracks the presence or signs of bats.
- Added: In Structure Manager, a column has been added to the OSS Inspection Manager page to track the Last Team Leader Assigned.
- Added: In Structure Manager, a new inspection type called Special is now available for Bridges, Culverts, and Diving. It is categorized together with Special in Lieu of Inspections (SILO). The inspection type can be changed in the Bridge, Culver, or Diving Inspection Manager windows. (NYSDOT)
- Added: In Structure Manager, Audit History is enabled for OSS Inventory columns. (NYSDOT)
- Added: In Structure Manager, the Review Comment status now changes automatically after inserting or removing a comment.
- Added: In Work Manager mobile app, all asset types are now limited to one location.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and all records, with or without GIS coordinates, are exported to KML files when exporting from a data set.
- Fixed: Issue in GIS Explorer has been resolved and the WalkMe button no longer overlaps the zoom functions.
- Fixed: Issue in Maintenance Manager has been resolved and the Asset Inventory selection window now functions correctly.
- Fixed: Issue in Pavement Analyst has been resolved and the data and graph can now be shown regardless of the Allow Spanning value set in the Network Gaps table. (TXDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Portfolio Analyst has been resolved and the Trade-Off Big Picture window now opens without errors. Apply and OK buttons are inactive in the Select Time Span pop-up when start year or number of years is blank. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and the inflow pane now displays records for the selected stock in the Transaction History tab of the Material Inventory window. (NMDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Resources has been resolved and vertical and horizontal scrolling now work correctly. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Roadway has been resolved and the total cost on Work Order Labor Day Cards is rounded off to the nearest 1/100th decimal.
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and Bridge and Culvert Inspection Manager window now populates the Feature Crossed column correctly. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and e-mail notification messages now contain region information. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and the calculation of the Foundation Assessment Score is based on data users enter in one of the available Foundation Assessment tabs. The score is updated with any value update in the Foundation Assessment tabs. (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in Structures Manager has been resolved and the QA Inventory Reviewer is now prevented from editing OSS inventory assigned to another Edit user.
- Fixed: Issue in System and Structures Inspector mobile app has been resolved and usernames are now restricted to alphanumeric characters and underscores (_), (NYSDOT)
- Fixed: Issue in System has been resolved and updates made to the security role data that are saved now show up immediately.
Known Issues, Limitations, and Restrictions
- In Fleet & Equipment Manager, it is currently possible to delete all the equipment from an equipment purchase and then have that purchase approved.
- The Work Manager mobile app can crash if the device screen is rotated during sync.
- The Work Manager mobile app, after a Work Request is created it must be synced before the app will allow users to create Work Orders for it.
Existing Known Issue
- In Work Manager, when users update from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, they should perform a sync when they first login.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, the Inspection Date field has been removed from the general form. It will be added back with a validation check for past due inspections.
- In the Structures Inspector mobile app, in certain network connectivity conditions where a sync of an inspection with attachments from the structures inspector mobile app fails, a subsequent successful sync of the app may cause element condition state notes to be duplicated.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, some thumbnails for uploaded photographs added to an inspection rotate 90°.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, assets cannot be setup to view in the app as View Only. They need have the necessary geometry information and assets set to allow editing and inspection creation.
- In the Work Manager mobile app, only one currency symbol ($) is currently supported.
- In Work Manager and Maintenance Manager, photographs added to an Inspection do not display in the app on some Android devices. This issue is device specific.
- In Maintenance Manager, it is currently possible to create an inspection without entering an Inspection Date. If no date is selected, when syncing the inspection to Work Manager, it will default to 01/01/01 on Work Manager.
- In Structures Inspector, when the Tunnel inventory screen is displayed, Revert Edits is briefly shown and then hidden along with Edit Tunnel.
- Structure Inspector inspections for Tunnels can currently be edited after being submitted.
Work Manager App users on Android devices with memory of less than 2GB may receive an Out of Memory Exception. Please close and reopen the app daily to avoid this issue.
The Structures Inspector mobile app Condition State comment text box covers the tittle.
The Structures Inspector mobile app lists the date updated as the date it was last modified from the web application even if it has been modified more recently in the mobile app.
The supplied CORS filter for Tomcat will not work on Tomcat version 8.5.32 and above. Customers need to review the use of the CORS filter and update web.xml as needed. Additional information can be found at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/filter.html
As of Chrome 71, browser pop-ups may be blocked which will negatively affect system operations. To address this in Chrome go to Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Pop ups and redirects and then add the URL for the application.
The new GIS Explorer like all web mapping applications requires datasets in the geographic coordinate system (EPSG:4326), so customer schemas with data stored in a different coordinate system would need to be transformed in order for map layers to be created from the dataset. See the section on re-projecting geometries in the Implementation Guide
Inserting a location or inventory item from a map is not functional when using Firefox as your web browser. To work around this limitation, use the other supported web browsers: IE 11, Chrome or Safari
When you select to print a map as an image (png file) using Firefox as your web browser, the file is downloaded as map.png.pdf. You would have to manually edit out the '.pdf' extension from the file name, after the file has been downloaded, to be able to open/use the file
When you define a map print template of size 34x44 or larger, an error is returned since the size of the generated map image always times before a PDF for printing is generated
While working on the GIS Interface and performing tasks that does not generate a request to the server (such as styling a map), your user session may expire as a result. The configured session expiration warnings will be displayed when this occurs or your session may timeout and a session expiration notification displayed, if a warning is not configured
Map filter value does not get pre-populated in the Jasper report print template, even though the parameter is specified for display in the template
Map filter value cannot be defined or edited for a map with a specified area of interest. To work around the definition limitation, the map filter should be defined before the AOI is set
A map's layer style settings become null and un-editable, when an applied filter is partially applicable or not applicable to the defined styling attribute values for the map
On a map bound to a data window, some items when selected on the map aren't highlighted in the data window because they aren't present there (In a data window, items can be Access Regulated), but on the map all inventory items are displayed
The loading and display of maps and associated styles in IE 11 is not as performant as Chrome, Firefox and Safari
In the Roads & Highways interface, routes with curves are not handled properly by the ESRI FDGB API. A workaround is to have the agency densify the routes to turn the curves into line strings
The HTML5 based copy/paste functionality has limitations on the number of rows that can be copied to a browser's clipboard
IE 11 - 4000 rows
Edge - 4000 rows
Chrome - 400 rows
Firefox - 1000 rows
IE or Edge on a Surface Tablet - 15 rows
When you select to copy rows from a data window, data from hidden columns on the window are also copied to the clipboard
The spinner indicating that a layer is loading in the GIS Explorer, continues to spin after selecting to remove a previous loading layer by using either the new map or remove layer option
When zoomed in at the 0.6km/0.4m level before selecting to print a map, the basemap is not rendered on the resulting printed map
Hebrew and other languages with special characters are not rendered properly on the properties panel of GIS Explorer
GIS Explorer does not display the contents of the screen for a right to left language setting
The owner of a GIS catalog folder no longer has access to the catalog, when the folder is shared by a GIS admin with administrative units that the owner of the folder does not belong to
A map built from an image service is not rendered in the printed document (PDF or PNG) when select to print the map
An image layer is not displayed on the map when change the basemap from the 'None' option to any other basemap option
A map comprised of layers from multiple sources including an image service, does not display the layers in the correct z-order when the layers are re-ordered
For some monitor resolutions, opening the messages dialog while the GIS Explorer window is open results in the messages dialog to be partially hidden
In FDC, when enter an incorrect password twice and then enter the correct password afterwards, a message indicating an incorrect reCAPTCHA answer is displayed
When the same editable layer is added to GIS Explorer so there are more than one active, the features on the layer cannot be dragged for an edit
The undo/redo of edits retains the actions performed even the associated layer has been removed
When add a new editable layer to a map with in-progress edits, the undo and redo options are temporarily disabled. Performing an edit re-enables undo/redo and previous edits can be undone or redone
When a user a user enters an incorrect username or password in the Work Manager mobile app, an incorrect message 'Unable to connect to server' is displayed
In Microsoft Edge, some admin units in the Admin Units drop-down on the inspection team's creation dialog, appear as actionable links
Setting some columns as fixed in a data window is not functional in IE 11
Setting of columns as fixed in a data window is not supported in right to left language displays, such as for Hebrew or Arabic, i.e. only the left most columns can be fixed
GIS Explorer does not display a basemap nor the basemap selection dialog, when using Microsoft Edge web browser. However, basemaps function as expected with IE 11, Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- There is an issue in ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, that prevents the publishing of services for Oracle tables or views with a geometry column owner of MDSYS. When the ESRI issue is addressed, we will test and ensure that the functionality has been restored
Supported Third Party Applications and Versions
|Application Server||Apache Tomcat|
|Java||Oracle Java SE||11|
|1.11||Zulu JDK is the preferred JDK.|
|Chrome||80 or newer2|
|Mobile Safari||iOS 13.X|
|Database Servers||Oracle Enterprise Edition|
Requires OJDBC8 driver
|Server Operating Systems||MS Windows Server||2008 R2 64-bit or newer|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5, 6, 7|
|Reporting||Jaspersoft, iReport||4.X, 6.X|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Android.
|Windows 10||Fall Creators Update, build 16299 or later|
The Fleet Maintenance Manager and Materials Manager mobile apps are not supported on Windows 10.
|ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6, 10.7, 10.7.1|
|GIS||ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise||10.5.1, 10.6|
|Application Deployment||Docker||18, 19|
|Recommended Minimum |
Specs for Mobile Apps