The Recommended Projects window in the Safety module shows those projects that are intended to remedy safety issues and have been promoted from the Proposed Projects window for recommendation. The following panes are provided in this window:
- Recommended Projects: This pane lists the various projects that are recommended for implementation. You cannot enter projects in this pane directly. Instead, projects appear in this pane when the project's status is set to Recommended in the SMS Proposed Projects window.
- Right-click in this pane or select Actions to access the command Update Project Cost (from Phases). This command uses the phases configured in the Project Phases pane to calculate the cost of the recommended project.
- Project Phases: This pane lists the various phases of the project selected in the Recommended Projects pane.
- Fund Amount by Fund Source: This pane lists all fund sources that have been at least once used by a project phase. This pane provides the following fields:
- The Total Amount field shows the total amount of funds allocated to the named fund source.
- The Total Reco. Amount field displays the total allocated amount for the fund source used by project phases across all recommended projects.
- The Total Prog. Amount field displays the total allocated amount for the fund source used by project phases across all programmed projects.
- The Remaining Amount field shows the difference between the total amount and the sum of the total recommended and programmed amounts.
When a recommended project is accepted for implementation, set the Project Status field in the Recommended Projects pane to Programmed. The project will then appear in the SMS Programmed Projects window. (If a project is no longer being considered for implementation, set the value of this column to Discarded. It will then appear in the SMS Discarded Projects window.)